Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

DWBS

I have already been getting some entries for the 10 Sectors contest, which is a little unsettling considering that I am giving you a month and some people decide they only need a day. I would imagine that it would take at least a week to make a level which really shows its full potential, but I could be wrong. I was pleased to see that most of the entries submitted thus far are merging sectors to create more complex levels, but at least one just has, well, 10 polygons. Merging sectors is going to be a big part of making a good SP level with only 10 sectors -- if you don't know how to do it, go over to our Editing Forum and ask; I am sure someone will fill you in. Also, a word of advice: try and make the level take 5 minutes to beat at the very least. While there's nothing saying a tiny level can't be fun, more complex levels will surely impress us more as well as offering a more varied single-player experience.

I doubt you'll get levels that extend past the 3 minute mark, unless they have horrendously bad gameplay and visuals..

Just you wait prower. I'm sure there are mappers out there that will shock the hell out of you.

Guest Anonymous User

Hej

Guest Anonymous User

I've already proved you wrong on all 3 of those counts, Prower, and it's only day 2! I've only used 3 sectors. And, no, it's not a maze.

What about you, Stphrz? You participating?

Guest Anonymous User

I was wondering about how large Ling wanted them. I'm glad he said that, 'cause this is going to be one long ass level and one of my better levels to boot, despite only being 3 sectors thus far....

Guest Anonymous User

Are we encouraged to implement different skill levels?

Guest Anonymous User

Is merging sector just reusing the same sectors throughout your level?

Hellbent.

1) Mate, read the news post :) Ling says he'd prefer them at least 5 mins long.

2) I'm sure it wouldn't hurt your level's overall score...

3) Yes.

Guest Anonymous User

Eh, I guess you didn't get the gist of my post asking how long it should be... I didn't phrase it to well. What I was saying was I'm glad Ling said that it should be 5 minutes at least because I was planning on making a large level... - but thanks for you replies.

Guest Lt. Taggart

If my Acer could run dos correctly I would enter this contest. I could use the new card.
The one that I bought to replace the Ati is
okay but not that good. It happens to be a older Voodoo. Curse you to Hell and back Ling.

Guest Lt. Taggart

Damn hard returns. My last post looks shitty. Oh yea uh 11th post. Hehe

Guest Anonymous User

I've already made a fairly interesting level, but I'm confident you people will make me go "WHOA, how the hell did they do that!?" and make my level look like crap.