Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

RUINS Released

Fanatic's Asylum has announced the release of RUINS, Fanatic's little one-level mini-project to digress from work on QDoom a bit. It's about 2.5 megs and include one EDGE-only level, some new textures/flats/sounds, and a MP3 to play in the background to boot. Good stuff.

I'm dragging on at a download rate of 185 bytes/sec on my cable line here... got the first 1.15 MB in the last two hours; this had better be a good map! ;)

Guest Fanatic

A new big file was released for Counter-Strike (60 megs), that's why the downloads are/were running poorly. :

Guest Anonymous User

That would explain why I got MANY MySQL errors... And also why Doomworld kept on slugging...

When edge fires up, I just get the standard map01 of doom2. I changed the batch file to reflect my setup.
Edge32 -iwad c:doom2doom2.wad -file ruins.wad -warp 01 -skill 4. Rick's maps all work for me. Am I doing something wrong?

Guest Fanatic

Warp to "ruins", not "map01". Just like QDOOM, I have new map names.

You'll miss out on the nifty titlepic I made if you warp tho.

Good map! If the levels in QDoom are this good, I'm really looking forward to it. I think I'll need a faster computer though. My ancient P200 doesn't really cut it with the Edge engine. Oh yeah, the MP3 is excellent, and the title pic is neat :)