Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

More DWBS

Personally I have grown to hate the current Doomworld layout (HTML / table problems and such) but it looks like other people seem to like it quite a bit. Check out Blood Force to see what I mean. Um... yeah. Looks a *little* familiar. Here's their forum, not that I am suggesting anything. I feel that if you want to emulate the DW layout you should at least get creative like The Indy Project did.

Update by Mordeth: Anyone "emulating" parts of Doomworld can expect me to shove a hot poker up their ass, along with word on some legal goodies expected to head their way shortly. Live in fear.

LETS ALL GO TELL EM TO LAY IT OFF. AND DONT STOP BEFORE THEY HAVE!

I hATE RIPOFFING OF OTHERS WORK

I HATE IT

Heh first post!

I HATE RIP-OFFS! I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!

Ling, are you trying to say that site looks like Doomworld? Personally I don't see it :)

Heh.

I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!

Guest ZarcyB

Note that it says "Copyright 1999-2000 (c) Blood Force, All Rights Reserved" at the bottom. LOL.

Yeah, i noticed that too.

U know what i hate?

Well I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!

Guest ZarcyB

Rip-offs r so annoying!!!!! Just cos they can't be bothered making their own stuff (or don't have the skill). And anyway it's all in a different language and the forums are soooooooooooooooo slow. LOL.

Yeah. Just dont stop Flaming em...!

GO SPAM EM!

I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!I HATE RIP-OFFS!

I'm on their channel right now :) No one else is there though. I'm lonely......

I just clicked on the crappy java link :)
Too lazy to fire up mirc.....

Guest Fanatic

Man, that's just, I mean, man.....

Refreshing. The flames are directed outwards instead of within. This is kinda fun actually :)

Lol...admit it. Everyone here loves this kinda stuff. "oooh...someone stealing another person's website! Ohh...oooo...lets sue them! yeah!"

Obviously I heard right, "some people are just easilly amused".

And HOW!

So what?? Who cares?? It's not the website design! It's the content that really matters! And lovely Mordeth, I found your update to be espically amusing. Prod me with the legal system. LOL! A good 80% of all of you complain about the goverment, but when something like this happens...all of a sudden the goverment and legal system are our friends!

How incredible is that?

I say drop it! Forget about it! Who really freakin' (fuckin') cares!? I personally dont. But I know there some that do!

And I have this to say to them...

STFU, get a life and then once that is done, try getting laid for the first time, eh?

Wow, now lets count and see how many flames I get.

Guest Street Spirit

Mord, it is not illegal to emulate the layout of someone elses webpage. If that were so, i could sue anyone who had a single frame on the left of theic screen and had a black/lime color scheme. So... before you go around with that poker, i suggest you think things over.

Why argue with you? You must know it all??
Christ.. What they did was not cool at all and sorry if I "pissed" you off by saying that DW should sue them. Obviously you cant seem to take a joke....

"Keep on Doo... oh fuck it.. nobody cares about the community or it's main site anymore apparently...

that they're not emulating the DoomWorld site. What they have done is ripped the actual HTML code and inserted their own links and text. You will notice the missing image on top, that is the monster picture, and the contest logo. They even changed the banner ad to their own link.

And then they said it was copyright THEM.

That is definitely illegal.

>> your webpage design is strangely reminiscent of the design for
>> www.doomworld.com which was designed by me. you are in breach of
>> international copyright law, please change the design of your page.
>>
>> --
>> Tom Robinson
>> t.robinson@spam.net.ntl.com
>> pgp: 0xA513C537
>>

>okay, i have changed it ! EXCUSE MEE !!! I DON'T DO IT AGAIN !!!

--------
muhahaha

tom_

Well, it does say: Copyright 1998-2000 (c) Doomworld, All Rights Reserved.

What does that mean i wonder.

And it is not that hard to come up with
a unique web page design without copying
somebody elses.

Creativity!.

Guest Confusion

Fact: It is legal to look at the design of another web site, take inspiration, and design your own web site to look similar.

Fact: Is is illegal to take the HTML directly fro another web site and modify it for your own site without the original author's explicit permission.

A lot of people seem not to grasp these two points (mentioning no names, of course).

On the other hand, I agree with NightFang: what does it matter? WHO CARES? It's unimportant, completely unimportant. If someone can get their own enjoyment out of copying the design of your web site, let them. You can feel smug because someone out there feels that your design is good enough to be worth copying. Why make the world more complicated by making ridiculous threats of physical violence and then ranting about legal action.

(A little note, Mord: it is more illegal to shove heated pieces of metal into someone's rectal cavity than it is to copy someone's web site design. Don't combine legal threats with your not particularly funny sense of humour.)

Oh, and Indy Project looks a lot better than Doomworld does. COULDN'T HAVE A LITTLE BIT OF COLOUR IN HERE, COULD WE? Black, dark blue...gah.

Okay, that's it for today.