Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

DWBS

What has it been now? Two weeks or so? Well, the entries for our 10 Sectors Contest continue to trickle in. I hope things pick up towards the end -- maybe the early birds have already made their WADs and the lazy people have yet to make theirs. I think people are really going to like the final megawad -- there's a lot of good people entering. As for the WADs which don't make it into the megawad, I might release a second megawad, or failing that, I'll release them all in some form anyway. I've been getting some more good WADs, including some larger ones, which this one in the screenshots is not.

(img)(img)(img)

Those are definitely from Ola Bjorling's level. Both texture thematically and level design, they fit his style.

<Linguica> yeah prow I was just trying to make you look like an idiot
<prower> don't worry, it's cool
<Linguica> did I ever tell you how incredibly sexy you are
<prower> yeah i think you have
<Linguica> I should highlight my hair to be as cool as you
<prower> thanks

It could be any number of people. That theme and design style has been done lots.

I was playing Doom, and I killed a bunch of Zombies, and then said, "I see dead people..." ;)

What? You were expecting something inteligent? :^)

Test-0

Guest LordUnum

Nothing's more intelligent than the joke that goes something like:

"Why don't black people steal from the Jews?"

...just for the record.

Guest o-tech

I haven't submitted my map yet... and it doesn't have a single brick wall in it. So there.

Guest Niptlar

Because of this graphics card contest, there aren't any more SP levels appearing the /newstuff directory. Damn you, Doomworld!

It's funny... the efnet cr3w are idle like mad so surely they are in the wrong channel....

This contest appears to be too much about the people and not enough about the levels.

Guest Retter

Through all these posts, no one has addressed a multiplayer issue, probably because it was not mentioned in the contest criteria. Seeing as this megawad will be highly anticipated, I can see it being played on doomserv and csdoom. Has anyone given any thought to deathmatch playability even though it was not mentioned in the rules ?

Just wondering..

Guest o-tech

I think it would be cool to have a second contest with the same rules, only it will have to be a DM map... that could be a lot of fun and when I first heard of this current contest I thought it would be DM actually. The problem would be for Ling to shake out a worthy price for a second contest... perhaps a graphics card with an Nvidia chipset? ;-)

I think that there is little point in playing the levels in the current contest in DM since they are all so tweaked towards SP play. I doubt even cooperative will be possible in all maps... Sector merging and multiple doors using the same sector etc will make the levels work poorly in coop. At least my map :-)

I'll probably put in an extra section for DM only (tweak part of the existing map), depends on how much time i get... and whether it sucks or not :)

Guest o-tech

Oh yeah, a separate DM arena would be cool... using the same sectors ofcourse. I think I'll do that :-)

Oh yeah. Good idea. And I just realized a really cool way to have the Deathmatch be played on a part of the regular level. But I think I'll keep it to myself, considering the fact that this is a contest, and I don't want to give all my secrets away to my opponents.

I just realise the contest won't be over until I go back to university. I hope the WAD(s) won't be too big, 'caus I'll be stuck with a crappy 56.6 that I have to pay the equivalent of about 13 cents a minute for instead of this nice cablemodem :)

This is disgusting! This is a prime example of how money manipulates people. If Linguica didn't have prizes do you think lazy slackers like Ola would do anything. Does this mean if I want to make a megawad I have to offer my mappers video cards for every ten sectors they lay down. Sick I tell you. Oh, you ask how my submission is going? Good, thanks. hehe :)

My map would work in DM and Coop like a llama would work as sexual partner. Specially bad would Coop be.

I suppose the reason this contest is single player maps is that there's not hard at all to make a dm map with or with less than 10 sectors.