Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

DWBS

The 10 Sectors Contest seems to have been picking up a bit lately, with quite a few entries having come in lately. However, that's no reason not to build a level if you haven't yet -- you've still got a good 13 days to go, giving you a day per sector with time to spare. Remember that the WAD is meant to be Boom compatible -- most of the levels I've been getting haven't added anything special over doom2.exe, which isn't a bad thing per se, but I am surprised that more people aren't using all the resources available to them.

(img)(img)(img)

That's odd! I don't see any reason to use anything else than the BOOM generic linedefs.

Why search the menues for "W1 Lower floor to highest next floor, change Texture and Type", when there is a "Generic Floor Mover" ?

I mean, every source port supports BOOM linedefs.

Oh yeah: I am retarded :-)

but you can't say in my pants within a normal sentence without breaks or tags etc. like I can in my pants innit.

Well, okay, I admit that you know better how to talk about pants than I do.

Fortunately I don't talk about my clothes that often.

Prower: No, it isn't :-)

After looking at my last post again, I must say that it isn't as funny as I thought.

Ebola: Yes, I'm a bit weird today. Could have to do with the fact that I had a great weekend so far.

:) PANTS

BTW how is the level progressing? Send me a screenshot of your 1337 work. :)

BTW here's a treat. (Tarin will be forever sorry he ever said this cause I'm gonna live off of this for soo very long ;)

<Tarin> hmm, my level looks like shit! :)
<Ebo|a> what level?
<Tarin> my 10 sector wad. compared to your level
<Ebo|a> Heh. cool.
<Tarin> I mean, that big outdoor room...

What have I done?!? I think I should start to only say stuff like "hey, your level looks like shit compared to mine. :)

Well, I'm not passing judgement on any of these. Anyone can make a single room look good in three or four sectors, or they haven't got a chance at this contest anyway. The question is how can you use just those ten to build a whole level? If there are three screenshots, you're obviously either missing half the level or it's just incredibly small. I'm confident my level will amaze at least some of you. :) BTW, Ling: Good one... I was hoping for something like it. :)

Heh... that's okay, I'm perfectly happy with my TNT2 Ultra. But my little brother does need a real card badly... His is some Intel POS... Anyway I'd just love on of those CDs.

My level doesn't really use any Boom-specific features, except for the fact that at places I have a lot of sprites on the screen at one time and Boom doesn't remove some of them. I hope I finish in time to enter the contest (I'm lazy when it comes to level editing. Actually, I've never completely finished any level that I've worked on, except for one that was just stupid and never got released and now I've lost it).

Guest Medieval_Gnome

Nice one!

That is what we've been needing for a LONG time