Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Naked Snake

Happy joy!

I got my old computer up in my room working, FINALLY! It has a Cyrix MMX processor or something like that, 200 mhz, 62 (YES, 62) mb RAM, and a shitty everything else, but it has DOS, so it has become my classic gaming box. Mwhahaha. When I get Cable I plan on hooking my two computers up to a network so I can be on the internet upstairs to run a ZDaemon server, and use it to store files away as well ^_^.

Finally?

It took me five minutes to hook up my old computer in my room. I don't use it anymore though cause the monitor died.

Archvile64 said:

Finally?

It took me five minutes to hook up my old computer in my room. I don't use it anymore though cause the monitor died.

I meant finally as in I finally got around to it, I've been to lazy, but after a week of banging my toe into the case and being to lazy to move it out of the way until now, I figured why not, hook it up, install my games, and play them ^_^

yea 62 is strange yet i will too believe it. i have seen maany odd memory configs in my time. i have seen 24, 34, 42, 56, 58, 62, 81
infact the older server i have set up has ~81 megs or RAM

mmnpsrsoskl said:

62? I doubt it. What amounts do the RAM modules have?

I had all the info on my RAM written down, I got it from BIOS, and it added up to 62 mb RAM.

Heh, my old box (p100) used to have like 80-something megs of RAM.

I have a 10 year old Zeon organiser with 8,192 bytes RAM. teh supahcomputah

memory modules come in powers of two

so you would make 62 out of

32 + 16 + 8 + 4 + 2

But I doubt you have 5 DIMM slots in your computer, And SIMMS have to come in pairs

16 + 16 + 8 + 8 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1

If anyone can show me a photo or schematic of a computer with 10 SIMM slots, I think a prize would be in order.

More likely a 2mb onboard video card and 64 megs of ram.