Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

TeamTNT Updated!!!

Ahem. TeamTNT has one of those horribly infrequent updates that we have all come to know and love. The big news this time? Well, their ZDoom project "Doom2000" has undergone a name change. What's the new name, you ask? Go over to their page and look for yourself, you punk. They also talk about progress on The Project Formerly Known As Doom2000 (TPFKAD2K?) which appears to be almost done. Also, they talk about some levels which community members have created using the resources from The Return.

Guest Caleb

teamtnt why do you bother making updates that blatently say "you have to wait?"

Well, really, we needed to update about the Return levels, and I'm kind of tired of answering "when's it going to be done" emails. So, every 4 months whether I need to or not, I put a tiny blurb out about what's going on. And we had changed the project name, which I thought someone might like to know.

Funny how the other teams do updates like "I added another room to my level today" and they don't get any grief, and we get shot down for ours. Go figure. I guess that's why this is my last project. The community's not happy any more.

Dammit. :(

The reason other TCs/PCs gotta update about these things is cause otherwise people will forget about them and think they're a dead project. Team TNT is like a big rock in the community. It's steady.

BTW cool name.

Guest warlock

I for one think that update was a welcome one. Actually, I think an update is always welcome because I tend to forget various projects and it's nice to know what's going on.

BTW, anyone noticed how many great things are going on in the community right now? Daedalus, Doom Millennium, Skull Tag...

Ty quitting? The beginning of the end..?

Warlock?

What are you talking about.

For one!

Deadelus. I tried Hub 1. It was the worst DooM experience EVER!

Ty quitting. The beginning of the end?

Nah, not really. We aren't affected by TeamTNT. Once in a while they bring us some new stuff. But the only thing good IMO is Evoluton, BooM and a dfew maps in eternity!

Well D2K as just awake my brain imagination!!! Let see on ZD3K version 2 if the www.xoom.com or www.nbci.com server bring back all members pages.

I can't said tntd2kh1 asn't good, is a good tc that let you know that we can do better from it, or to do something like it.
Just check all map and script, TeamTnT take a lot of time to do it, so don't critisist it.

Well it to easy to create all script or animation as on hubs like they have do.
But i can understand why TeamTnT do continu after map07 because the end finish to bad and some script or maps or other stuff are bugging to mush!
my cote :
graph 10/10
level 9/10
script 7/10
bugs 2/10
the meanning of this TC 4/10

sorry but it's my cote !

Guest darkknight

I don't really think that criticising someone for who is obviously working hard on something freely availble to all and the response is: "Why do that keep us waiting?". Not really a tactful thing to say. Besides questioning Ty about Doom projects is like questioning Pete Sampras about tennis.

Guest darkknight

I don't really think that criticising someone for who is obviously working hard on something freely availble to all and the response is: "Why do that keep us waiting?". Not really a tactful thing to say. Besides questioning Ty about Doom projects is like questioning Pete Sampras about tennis.

Guest wondersmith

Am I correct in understanding that Hub 1 has no co-op starts--and in deducing that Daedalus won't support co-op play? If so, go ahead and quit, Ty. :-(

Guest darkknight

Bloody stupid refresh button :(

1. Daedalus will be single player only.

2. If it runs in Linux, that'll be because ZDoom runs in Linux equally to the Winxx version. I don't know if that'll be true or not--it's not our decision and the WAD itself doesn't care where it's played. We're going to be releasing to ZDoom 1.23 specs, and it's still a moving target.

3. This being my last project does not necessarily mean I'm leaving the community. I plan to continue archive maintenance, for example. I may do something on my own, for my own enjoyment. Don't know, but this will be the last time I have to explain or drive what TeamTNT or any other group is doing.

4. The Hub One release wasn't very clean. We were stupid and released to a calendar date. Never do that. We're not going to do it again, either. Whenever Daedalus is released, it'll be at a point we're truly satisfied with. However, it may not be what everyone else wants--that's our perogative--it's our project.

5. Who's Pete Sampras? :)

Oh, and just a note, it's Daedalus, not Deadalus, though now that I see "Dead" in there, that's kind of cool, like "Evilution" (but no, we're not changing it :) )

Guest noway687

Remember...it's freeeee...so no bashing :)

Guest Kinoshkana

Hmmm... Right.

Seems like every time I start trying to get something done, I get nothing but grief. Damnit, the next thing I do is going to be for sale instead. :->

yobiyobi

Remember that some people will be on dial-up connections that they have to pay for per minute, meaning that what they download is effectively NOT free.

Besides, I'm sick of this crap "you can't do any better, so you can't say it's bad".

I couldn't code a better game than those POS Deer Hunter games, but that can't stop me from saying how utterly utterly useless they all are.

If everyone had this attitude, hardly any-one would be able to give an opinion on anything ("did you see that new film that came out Friday?" "yep" "is it any good?" "uh, I could't say"), reviews in magazines of any subject would be done by heavily biased elitists, etc, etc.

Hey Blake,

If your so into coop why haven't you submitted any coop demo runs thru the darkening Episode 2? That's something I'd like to see and DE2 ver 1.1 should be fully compatible with coop.

Anthony Soto
[DE2 webpage maintainer]

Well. I hope it will improve Ty!!!!

Heres what i thought of it!

Gameplay 1/10
Levels 1/10
Graphics 1/10
Script 1/10

Sorry. But thats my opinion!

Gameplay 1/10
Levels 1/10
Graphics 1/10
Script 1/10

Sorry you felt that way. I doubt you'll like the final product in that case, because not everything has been redone, and it sounds like you'd only like it if it were.

However, I will again point out that we're doing this because we're enjoying the creation process, and not to get high marks on anyone's report card. Frankly, we're releasing it for those (few if it works out that way) people who will enjoy playing it as much as we're enjoying making it.

In addition, though I agree that someone can expect quality without paying for it (and professionalism in how the project is handled), I do not agree that anyone not paying for a product can dictate the pace at which it's released, nor any of the details like gameplay, theme, etc. We are doing something with Daedalus that's not quite like any of the other projects, and if you're looking for something else, don't play it.

You did well to end your summary with "But that's my opinion" and I wish others would do the same. In other words, don't criticize it as junk if it's not junk. I happen not to care for a lot of well done products in the world--doesn't make them bad or poorly done, just not a fit for me.

d:o)...

Well, i'm glad you didn't just flame me :)

I think its important to do what you feel like. And not doing it for the publics sake...:)

I will Try your final project. Its just that the Hub 1 gave me such a headache. You should try to implement more Scriptet text!

I tried DooM 3057. Which have scripted features as well. I found it better. Though the level ,Sorry, sucked, the script REALLY helped it :)

If you would try to make the story more IN-GAME it would become a WHOLE lot better. I am myself enjoying the scripting language. I think its the best damn thing that ever happened to DooM :)

Well Ty. Keep up the good work. With a little improvement it will become a GREAT wad. I'm sure!

Actually, i am talking of experience here. I released TRTCCBeta WAY TOO EARLY. It didnt have the right maps in em or anything. Only the EXE was right. But our Testers quickly found loads of errors in it, so we had to rebuild it.

The maps are being rebuilt as well. I have some screenshots postet at www.Nautrup.com

The old maps were WERY poor. I only made em because. Here we go...

I started a Project Called DooM 3, because some of my friends wanted to call it that! But i didn't, so it got renamed to TRTCC "The RTC Corporation". They designed some *Crappy* maps, so i was forced to make em BAH :(...The beta was only released because of EXE testing and because my Friends forced me by asking all the time!

But some time ago, i decided to remake the hole project!

Making it more beutiful, by scripting it ETC...

Well Ty.

I will Try your Project when it comes out. With an open mind :)

Actually, we thought about that, and decided against it for hub one. We're rethinking it a bit now, but it goes against the storyline to do much early on in the game. The player has just crashed into the trash bay of an alien ship, has no idea where anything is, and can't understand their language or signs. It makes it tough on him.

That means it's tough on you as the player. What we were looking for was an immersive environment unlike regular DOOM, in which things weren't necessarily the way you would anticipate as an Earthling. Gradually, you'll learn things, and just like with the aural translator early on, you'll have more and more ability to comprehend messages, signs and sounds. There are hundreds (maybe thousands--haven't counted lately) of lines of scripting already in the game, some related to this issue and many related to in-game processes.

If we just wanted to make it an all-English text-based game with a linear flow, we could have done that, but we didn't want that. It's intended to be challenging--we're now trying to figure out a good way to make it less challenging at your choice, perhaps through an early selection like difficulty level. We'll see--some things of that nature can be added without adverse affects to existing levels, whereas some require more rework than we'd like to do. Of course, there will be spoilers and walkthroughs on people's websites soon enough.

Daedalus is a Thinking Player's game though, and it'll take some time to do it. That means patience and perseverence, and that's not everyone's cup of tea. Still, I thank you for your comments and look forward to seeing what you and others think of the final product.

Guest darkknight

I not quite sure about the point of people with dial-up connections (of which mine is). I wish to emphasis the fact that Ty gains no financial benefit from the work he does - therefore the costs occured of you getting is irrelvant. I think its insulting to people who make the effort to be slagged off in such a manner. If you had actually paid money to TeamTNT to do the work and were not happy, then fair enough. But you're not: so end of story.

OH NO TY!

I hope the player makes it out alive!

But later on you could make the story a bit like this:

The player finds some mates using a radio (BAH :)

Then his mates could give him orders ETC!

That sorta thing!

it makes exciting gameplay!