Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

DWBS

I don't want to discourage anyone, but today's screenshots come from an entry in our 10 Sectors Contest which is pretty much guaranteed to win. Looking at the shots, it should be obvious why: the stunning texture usage, the subtle use of lighting, the orthagonal walls, the Cyberdemon in an enclosed space, the fact that only one sector was used... sure, I'd still like you to submit an entry, but I just have to let you know that it's pretty much clinched.

(img)(img)(img)

first post, damnit

oh, and this entry has dashed any hope i had of winning, so i'm not gonna submit an entry anymore

Guest Captain Spank

For some reason this put a smile on my face...no wait, let me rephrase that..I about pissed my pants laughing at this entry and the sincere description of it. Oh well, I'm sure someone is proud of his or her creation...
Thanks for the laugh, guys...I feel better.

No seriously, really. This entry has finally dashed all my hopes. Why should I bother? *cough*

Guest Wyvern

That news post reeked of sarcasm so bad that you could see it coming off the text like heat from a desert highway.

Good LORD.

Guest Loki AOD

Theres one thing I have to say about those screenshots..... BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I'm laughing so damn hard, I think I nearly sh*t myself.

I am creating a awesome "less-than-ten-sector" .WAD that would suprise everyone, even you. It should be done in just a few days, and it meets all your requirements.
But, If I should win (being the mostly chance from the looks of my wad, I don't want the prize...

"Why not?", might you ask. Well, heres why:
I allready own a Voodoo 5 5500 AGP card, and I have had it since the first day it came out. Let some one else share the glory of such a card, if I would happen to be the winner... that is.

I know, your all probably scratching your heads, thinking about what the WAD that I have created may look like, and how good it could be. And your all probably thinking that I'm an asshole for acting like I really have something here, but it is a possible failure. Sorry if I am coming off like an asshole, but I am very proud of this WAD... and it could be my best yet. Just wait, you'll see...

Oh, I almost forgot to let you all in on my little secret for inspiration of this WAD design.... Just think of it this way... Pet Sematary 2 style. Shure, the movie sucked, but some of the designs I saw made me think very hardly about using them as a base for my level.
"So, what exactly does it look like from Pet Sematary 2 ?", your asking.

Oh No. I've watched way to many Bond movies to know that you never release all your secrets, no matter how close you think you are to winning.

Later,
Justin S.

Yes, I do think it looks awesome. That's why I quit the contest. *cough* Hmm. I need to quit smoking. *cough*

Guest Loki AOD

We all have differenet tastes Linguica, but yours are just a bit stranger than the usual :-P

Guest Loki AOD

Hey, Linguica... how about an ICQ number...
I wanna show you somewhat of a layout for my level, just to see what u think before its actually finished...

Justin S.

My ICQ number is available on Doomworld... look at the sidebar and try and figure it out. Hmmm... where would it be...

As for sending me a layout of your level, please don't... what I think of the levels isn't important as I'm not judging them.

Hey, stop trashing my entry!
pfft,... god damn, Hellmaker sucks...

Oh,.. I thought it was a 10 _monster_ contest.

me re-opens DETH...

Hey, maybe after the contest is over we can get a tutorial done to show us how this level was made? That'd be so kewl! I'm sure even the doom-level gods could learn from this one!

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Guest Grul!

That level could do good as a secret level in the megawad. Compare it to "Grosse"... :)

Really... Is there a little chance to win or not? After looking at the entry I deleted 9 of 10 sectors, and now my map looks very mm... promising...

Im certain you can make a great level from just 1 sector. You could have a grand total of one teleport, which could be used very strategically.

Actually you can have any number of teleports. If you use Boom that is. Just use the "teleport to a line with the same tag" teleporter

Guest space-dog

Really, dang! looks like i'm going to have to do a little re-building now

Not everyone can build a single-sector level. Some node builders won't let you do it, because of the way they work. Just a random observation.

dang heh, where limitations are people excel. Just look at examples with doom mapping, and in this case 10 sector limitations- and demo recording, where you limit what you can do and excel. someone really needs to find the boom limitations, I dont mean max. sidedefs, etc. I mean really push to learn the engine inside out like we have the original doom one and make something truly spectacular.

Guest Captain Napalm

//h04 b4by 17´5 4ll 0v3r!
He. I love L33t. :)!
Oh by the by I am thinking of creating a Dogma style Doom level builder community.
You know all that simplicity and back to the roots stuff, If you´re intrested E-Mail me. I´ll send you some more specific infos.

Guest Captain Napalm

Ling you have to put up every entry once the contest is done, not just the winners! I want to see every entry. What does everyone else think?

Oh and Ph34r my L337 5k1ll2!

Guest Arch Master

This megawad simply will not work. I mean, it will work fine as an art show kinda thing, but I have arrived at the conclusion that it is impossible to actually play through something like this. Granted, there are an infitesimally small number of people who would actually play this for enjoyment purposes only (I am willing to bet it will be almost exclusively fellow level designers), it just simply would not work to throw together all those levels and expect them to have any flow together. If the player had to restart with pistol/fists every time (or at least, every time that the following level wasn't a suicide run anyway), then there wouldn't be to much of a reason to play it except from a level designers perspective.

Guest Arch Master

Don't let my previous comment turn you off though. I still intend to win that prize and show you all how much you SUCK.

I thought I had a chance in this contest, but now I know I don't stand a chance.

::deletes his entry off his HD and throws his computer out the window, somehow posting this message anyway::

It's 217 KB in size and has coop-support. Actually, it's quite fun in coop. I added some DM-startingpoints too, but the level is not suitable for deathmatch, due to its linear layout.

I'm in the race! Now, I'll just sit back and wait to see what the competition comes up with.

I agree with the fine Captain...
let's see all the entries.
unless you feel that that would be too judging of who 'passed' and who didn't.
8 more days...