Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mordeth

Classic Maps Released

Anthony Soto updated his site with the news that the latest maps in the "Classic" series have been released. This means you get to play Anthony and Jan van der Veken's "Classic 6" as well as Jan's "Classic 7" map, which is described as "amazing". And if you don't want to play, you can still watch several demo runs for these levels which were originally build to emulate the Doom E1 style.

Hey Anthony, dunno if you knew or not, but Freeservers doesn't allow binary downloads (zips), so no one can download your levels from there. I had the same problem with my old site on 8m.com. Upload them somewhere, I wanna play 'em! :)

That's odd.
Maybe Freeservers changed their policies. I still can't download it though, it tells me there's a temporary network error. :/

Guest Slipgate

Um, as far as I know, you can do it.

Unless they changed really recently.

I've put zipfiles on my FS site before,
and I myself have downloaded them (as have
others) successfully before too.

But, on the subject, woohoo Anthony.
(Who said I couldn't act unaffected too? :) )

Slipgate

I just merged Classic6 and 7 into the regular archives, so whether they can be accessed from Freewhatever or not no longer matters :)

Great maps, guys :) Loved playing them. I totally love that classic episode 1 feeling.

/me gives Jan and Anthony a cookie.

Guest Skarj

aren't they Episode 2? anywho, they were great stages, i love the ultimate doom stages and these are no exceptions.

Guest Slipgate

Thanks Ty, just in case.

Slipgate

To Argh!: Wow, that screenshot does resemble a part of classic7 too closely. How did you manage to create a copy in quake2 so fast? :)
It's funny that a doom2 project trying to emulate the original doom was inspired by a quake2 project inspired by the original doom. hehehe Sorry I (we) didn't give you proper credit but I've never been to your website before. Jan sent me that level months ago and in addition to releasing my own classics I've been finishing up his work.
Good luck with your project it looks very promising.

Skarj: Even though these levels are in episode 2 alot of them are inspired by episode 1. That's what Carnevil meant by "that classic episode 1 feeling".

Finally I just want to clear one more thing up. Alot of people think that the Classic series is only trying to emulate episode 1. Yes, I agree the last three releases are EP1 style. In general though the classic series is meant to emulate the DOOM 1 style (all episodes). Future releases may emulate a different style (for example episode 4).

Yep, all the Classic levels are definately E1 style. Oh yes, indeed, especially Classic 2... =p

I love the Episode 1 style, it's my favorite style of DOOM levels. I don't know about emulating the Episode 4 style, I never much liked episode 4. Still, very cool levels.