Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

DWBS

Gasp! There's only FIVE more days left in our 10 Sectors Contest! It's really getting down to the wire now, so if you've started your level or if you've been thinking real hard about one, you better fire up those level editors and get smoking, because you don't have much time to spare. Entries have slowed down in the last 2 days, but I am hoping that will reverse as a last-minute tidal wave of entries pours in on me over the next few days. How are the entries? Oh, they're cool: we've got all sorts of WADs, from hardcore all-out battles to big complex mazey things to... well, lots of stuff in between. Don't forget that a Voodoo 5 5500 AGP will be going out to the lucky winner, so don't just sit there! Actually, do just sit there, and make your WAD while you're at it.

(img)(img)(img)

My entry is looking good, I've just got to sit down and really have a crack at finishing it quickly. I'm just about done. :)

I REALLY hope I finish my level before the contest is over, even though I'm pretty sure it won't win. I still can't wait to see what other people have managed to do using only 10 sectors. Also, I don't know about anyone else, but I personally have leard alot about good level design just from being forced to use 10 sectors, and I think that because of it, all my regular levels will be much better. I wonder if my new infoline will work the way I want it to...

Nope, it didn't do like I wanted it to, but unless Linguica fixes that, I have found a way to say I am retarded without it being changed to I am retarded. Or maybe how about 1st post? Or ferst p0st? I don't think either of those will work. Oh well, I guess I am retarded.

Guest Skarj

My stage is coming. Should be in your mail by tommorow ling.

Guest q.pixel[rex]

I have all but the final battle completed...this is going to be a bad *ss f*ck*r ;-)

Opulent: are you the geezer from .fi who deleted it? :P No, tom's box is down. When its back up I'll have a mirror site or two ;)

As for my level, yes I have learne'd a great deal from being limited, mostly I gained a lot of motivation to beat it by the deadline and such. I must say if wadauthor crashed less often it would be more than complete by now :( As I write I've had to reload a 30 minute old version because it randomly swapped sector values for no apparent reason...

I got a nice editor for you. It is way better than that crappy WadAuthor. Here's the URL to my site so you can go and download it:

http://www.geocities.com/Virgil_32_0

Its name is "DMapEdit v4.0" (dmaped40.zip).
It work only in DOS, but it is the best editor out there. I dare you to try to find a better editor than DMapEdit. Go download it already and email me if you got any comments (my email address is also on my site.)

over and out

*Virgil*

Guest q.pixel[rex]

Oh man...big words after your posts there...and I'll take the dare:

DCK and Hellmaker ;-)

Guest JMX

The only problems Ive run into using wadauthor are when I join 3 or more sectors at a vertex. It behaves ok in terms of reusing sectors as long as you assign the sector data before you join vertexes.

Heh... everyone who likes editors like EdMap or DMapEdit or Wadauthor is always like, "yeah I absolutely love editor X, I just wish it wouldn't crash every 30 minutes and lose all my work and sometimes corrupt my WAD." I don't understand how they can keep using the editor after stuff like that. I've used DETH for years and it's never crashed once.

Why does everyone violently defend their personal favourite map editor.

Wadauthor sucks and DCK kicks ass.
DCK's crummy, I use DeePsea.
DeePsea is worthless, and I'm not paying that kind of money.

It goes on like this. Windeu, DCK, Wadauthor, DeePsea, Dmapedit, and Waded. Yes, I've even heard people describing waded as the unquestionably superior.
Why can't some of you just admit that different doomers have different tastes in editors.

Guest q.pixel[rex]

Mattrim is my daddy.

Guest Skarj

when will the day be when we can all get along and accept each others views on editing doom wads, and learn to have tolerance for whatever editer we use. We must realize we're all entitled to our opinions (even if they are wrong)(wadauthor is l337).
BTW i am kidding for those of you unfamiliar with HUMOR.
And also the only time wadauthor has ever crashed on me is when i copy a whole bunch of things that fall into the same category(enemys, ammo, etc)and then accidentally select something that is in a different category and try to paste it. But i use a few different editors honestly. And thats all I have to say about that.

Guest Mattrim.

Pixel, what are you talking about? =D

Guest Kinoshkana

w3rd

I want some of what piXel's smoking for m3 4nd my 31337 b075 1n #doomroom :-> (no, I have no bots, and I don't intend to)

I don't know if you changed it further; but I 've changed my mind; I like the new layout.
-I know, your cay wasn't complete without that. but I was giving positive feedback for once.

I've known for a while now that the majority of people "can't all just get along." Oh well. I use WadEd. I love it. It has its limitations, but so does everything else. I just prefer working with the limits of WadEd over those of the other editors. It's all a matter of personal taste.

I used DoomEd4.2 before. when I started working on Nimrod. I used Deth on the side of it to remove errors in the maps cause by DoomEd. I also used DCK some on maps that just weren't anymore editable with DoomEd. It was just to complex or something. Then the maps went to big for DCK and I was forced to use Deth only on some maps. Then I more and more went to edit with Deth, and suddenly I wasn't using anything else. Wow wasn't that a nice story.

BTW Niggel. Where can I get hold of Milkshape 3d? I'd like to try it.

Guest space-dog

Watch out, i've run into a lot of problems along the lines of making multple doors out of the same sector, levels that work fine with other ports don't work with zdoom.
just be sure to check it first.