Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

DWBS

I removed four digits at the start of the "Password" field, and two from the end. If this works, the line breaks (what I called "NewLines") are the problem.

(In Windows a linebreak consists of two chars)

Cant this contest be finished soon. I WANNA PLAY THAT MEGAWAD...

... and receive the comments on how cool my map is ;).

Guest MadDuc

Give us late starters a chance ...

Guest wondersmith

Even though I would like to see multiple megawads come out of this contest, and I'm not entering a wad myself, it still seems to me that extending the deadline would be unfair to everyone who worked so hard to get their entries in on time. Besides, the video card could be obsolete by the time the contest ends. :-) Hmmm, extending the deadline might be a good question for a Doomworld poll...

Are we talking about DOOM maps here? I considered the map I submitted to be large. It has almost 2200 linedefs and is 217 KB. Damn, now I can't wait to play this megawad.

I hope Linguica received my map, since I used Hotmail.

Guest Kinoshkana

Heh, my map's about 10,000 map units on a side. And it causes a distance-based slimetrail if you look from one corner to another. And it's about 2000 lines. All this in only 130K. Amazing, isn't it?

(Oh yeah, it only uses about a dozen textures, too, so it looks kinda boring. Doesn't play boring, though :->)

Guest JMX

Mine's ~4,200 linedefs and like 370k, Im not done with items though. doom2.exe is making sprites disappear already however.

Now boys. according to all lying bitches in the world. (That's women for you who aren't familiar with the technical terms) say that Size doesn't matter.

Guest Cephaler

unused sidedefs probably, or VERY smooth natural walls, or a really freakin huge level. in any event, thats just another 10 mins tacked on to the d/l time for us 28.8'ers (both of us)

Will the megawad include a new Titlepic, Interpic and Bossback?
And I think that all the sky textures must be replaced with Rsky1, to make look all levels as the original entries.

Size does matter, just not to the extent some people seem to think it does. I'm just looking forward to seeing how many different ways 10 sectors can be put together. If you can manage 5000 sidedefs and keep the level interesting architecturally, great. My level is about half architecture and half function. I put my sectors to some serious work. 7 of them move. That kind of limits me architecturally, but I still think I pulled off some pretty decent stuff. Well, you'l lall just have to wait and see. Even if it doesn't make it to the megawad, you'll see it posted on Second Coming or cdrom.com.

Seven of your sectors move?? How the hell?..... Cripes, only two of mine move (a lift and a door) and I'm having trouble managing those :) Not only that, the activation sounds (or sometimes lack thereof!) are all screwed up. You're insane =)

me entered... wad is around 396 kb... very mazy... would like to see contest with linedefs limit... aaarrrgghh...

Hmm. well I dont know about you but my map isn't exactly lacking detail. It may have a bit to much though. :( Well anyway. 1.5 meg 10 minutes? BS. I got a 28.8 and I get that in 3-5 minutes. and in some cases less if I keep alot of D/Ls running or D/L from a crappy server such as Geoshitties.

Insane? Well... I suppose you could say that. But it's really quite fun. You should try it. :)

Guest Xanadu

I've got a little problem I'm hoping you guys could help me out with, I'm done with my map, but i found playtesting it with BOOM a certain monster at the end does not attack the player, instead he just walks around like he's too good to fight! However when i playtested it with ZDOOM he attacked as normal. Does anybody know what is going on here?