Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Twice Rising

The Twice Risen homepage has been updated after a nearly two month hiatus with a little "we're alive" bleep, talking about the progress being made on various things such as sprites and levels, although they could use some more sprite artists.

Guest Ray Stantz

Just how many Hosted Sites on Doomworld are even updated anymore? I think I saw 3 maybe. Ahhh I rememebr the golden days when Every day brang current info on TCs...man...I wish I could see that shit again.

Twice Risen is an awesome project. It doesn't try to be "cool" and over-advertise with all the other projects; despite the fact that Twice Risen is better than all of them combined. Have you ever played the freaking demo? It rocks!

Most of the Doom and Doom2 sites I have been to no longer update as much. That is not a good sign! At least i update my site daily! I want to see some more Doom2 projects and I want Doom2 to be immortal!! If anybody is even bothering to read this and made some Doom2 levels in the past, please help keep Doom2 alive and keep making levels. I try, but I am only one person..

P.S. => For those of you who are wondering where my site is at, it is at:

http://www.geocities.com/Virgil_32_0

I wish I had the time to work on the project more, but life tends to get in the way a lot, especially recently. I've been thinking about scaling the project back further and reducing it to only what I know I can accomplish - which means little new sprites. That way at least there will be something in a reasonable (well, that term is relative...) amount of time. I've spent way too much time on this project to throw it out, but I've also spent way too much time waiting for people to help out in areas I can't do myself.

If you need help with creating and editing levels, I can help out, even though I am working on my own projects. However, I am not that experienced with sprites :(. I got no life.. All I got is Doom and Doom2 :).

Post a reply to this message if you think you need more level designers.

*Virgil*

Guest Lt. Taggart

I d/l-ed the demo yesterday even though i have played it already. Now I have that damn urge to recreate the Risen weapons via Edge. I started redoing the Hacx weapons with Edge but i got tired of it. Now I started and stopped work on the Aliens weapons. I am afraid if i try redoing the Risen weapons I will never finish the project. I like Edge but it can be to much even when I come up with new project ides.

Heh, to redo those weapons the exact same way I did them the first time would be a task... I'd have to do some serious studying of my own DHE code before I figured out exactly how they worked again. I really messed a lot of things up inside DHE, but it worked. Now I'll be working with Brad Carney for implementation, which will be oh so much easier. But if you'd like to attempt it, feel free. I don't need any level designers at the moment, only sprite people. A texture guy would help if he worked fast, A resource manager would be greatly appreciated. A sound or music person wouldn't be bad either. I think the one thing I'm all set on is levels.

If you got any Midi files that you would like to add to the Twice Risen project, I would be happy to add them or to create a wad file with all the music you want. Sorry, only midi files are supported, and I myself have already made about 3-4 original midis that I added to my own levels.. So if you find midis that you think would be perfect to listen to while playing Twice Risen , tell me where they are so I can get them and convert them into wad(s).

If you are intrigued by this, Risen, post a reply yet again. Hope Twice Risen is hard on UV. Otherwise I won't enjoy it :).

*Virgil*

That's not composition, that's resource management. I know the differences between music formats, and I certainly know how to add MIDI files into a wad. I have unused music from both Sam and Kniggit, but no one is composing music specifically for this project. I thought Kniggit might, but I haven't heard anything from him in months. So, by a music person I mean someone who would be willing to compose new stuff specifically for this project and work with the team in deciding how things should sound, etc. Not just someone sending me unused old MIDIs.

And yes, TR will be hard on UV. I sucked at playing back then, so I didn't really know what hard was - but I'll leave in easy for the others, too. Try my 10 sectors level and see if you like it. (When it gets released).