• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Doom 2 Tourney Final Demos

Got this in the mail a few minutes ago:

Hey this is Vapor.

I'm at DooMWiz's house. He was cool to let me stay with him.

The final match was 2 games. Each player was able to play as green andindigo since green has less lag and it is very noticable when both playersare very good.

Final scores were

Vapor as indigo wins 30-28
Vapor as green wins 30-27

We were supposed to play till 50 but the tournament was starting to take solong and pressure was being applied from the sponsors :)

I've emailed Jerry Wolski to see if there were demos made for all the games in the tournament. He hasn't gotten back to me yet, but I would be doubtful.

Now they work. I didn't do anything differently, so someone must have fixed them.

Guest The Gemini

Where was this contest at? They played over the internet?

Guest q.pixel[rex]

Wtf, those were like hide and seek games...I was looking for fast-paced frag-fests like the demos that came with Gothic and Gothic2...those where REALLY cool to watch.

Yeah, I agree with you. I stopped watching one of them like 1/3 of the way through it was so boring :P

Hehe, Vap's not even using the computer he won :) He's giving it to his little sister :)

I know, but the demos were still boring.

I absolutely hate fast-paced fragfests. It just gets so repetitive. Seeing nothing but flashing colors and screaming plasma guns, and loud, blaring sounds for some twenty consecutive minutes really does get boring for awhile. Personally, I found these deathmatch demos much more enjoyable than most.

Want to see GOOD fast paced action; check out the ZAP demos and the Doomaniax demos.
X-Jack or Sedlo could've had a 1GHz machine for sure...

The demos were ok. I think they would have been a lot better if they had played on a better map than plain old map 01. A good custom dm level like one of better dwango maps perhaps...

both these guys showed amazing effort, skill, and strategy. Good job, you two. And your at DoomWiz's house? Dude, he's going to rape you so hard...

Guest Battle_Zealot

When i start these 2 demos on my computer, and wehen i look at vapor, he seems to play like my 4 year old little sister, i don´t think that a so good playar plays so bad, like run into walls, ignore enamy player, shoot at no one, ect ect.....

Or is it my computer? :)

(i guess that thats the problem....)

Let's see... he could be running into walls to confuse the enemy by making him think he is jumping off a ledge or about to silent-BFG, and he fires the rocket launcher / plasma / BFG at nothing in the hope he might catch his enemy coming around the corner. As for ignoring the enemy, dunno about that.

Why is he strafing back and forth by the enterings to the hallways using upp his cell ammo against the wall? He has to go in there eventually why not save the damn ammo and go in there.

Because he knows that his opponent has the SSG, and if he runs in there there's a very good chance that he will be killed before he has a chance to fire off enough plasma to kill his opponent. He keeps firing plasma down the hall on the offchance that his opponent will pop out with the chaingun looking to wear him down and get a facefull of plasma instead.

I did that when I first started playing DM. noone is so stupid they run around a corner where it's coming out rockets and plasma bullets.

You can fire silent shots from the back of the supershotgun and the plasma rooms. If you're not watching for bullet-marks on the walls or peeking around the corner you won't know what's coming on that map. And if you peek around the corner it may already be too late. The speed-strafing behind the BFG-pillars is so that Dominus wouldn't have an easy shot if he was waiting for him to pop out (which happens in the demo). The only time I saw Vapor ignore Dominus was when he had just spawned with a pistol and caught Dominus looking another way, wisely hiding from view. Vapor might have been playing a little cautious (he flew down to win) but if you don't understand what the wall-bumping and blind corner-shots are about you haven't played on their level. Basta.

So in other words. if you can't hear ÿour opponent fire those plasma bullets. You just run right into them?

I dunno how you play DM but personaly I don't do Kamikaze. I prefer to wait until the dude with the trigger happy finger get's tired of wasting ammo and comes running through the hallway. The only thing he accomplished was that he warned me that he's coming.

BTW if any of you guys are planning on playing skulltag when it's next beta comes out you're in deep shit. Since now all I have to do to frag your asses is to launch a few grenades against the wall and wait for your scream ;)

Cause If you can't hear them they can't hit you, right?

Guest q.pixel[rex]

Ebola: Maybe that's why many DM maps don't have much small hallways and 90 degree corners? I tend to prefer spacier maps where you can pull the combat range a little further so the map isn't owned by SSG ;-( That way, SG and CG are actually usefull sometimes instead of being a sh!t weapon only placed on the spawn spots.

1. What does that have to do with it?

2. Yeah I like spacier maps aswell. I also like the shotgun better than the Super Shotgun. Actually I don't like the SSG very much at all. Exept in Single Player.

3. SkullTag owns...

4. ...my ass.

28.8 csDooming and STILL get a fair/good score. Da-iam bitch I'm BAD.

Ebola...you should learn to play DM the real way before you bother to comment on the strategies in such games as the two finals. I belive Cranium described it well...Both Dominus and Vapor played very clever, it takes years of practise to play like that. Even if your aime and speed is great, you'll be blown away if you don't play smart. IMO you have to be at a sertain level yourselfe before you can understand what a good or less good DM is.
>Why is he strafing back and forth by the >enterings to the hallways using upp his >cell ammo against the wall?
Ehem...to cut it short: If you don't understand basics like that you're in for a beating the day you play someone good....

Guest anonymous_user

Those that said "err why does he keep bumping into walls? and firing up the corridor wasting bullets are post port players, anyone that played doom2 "vanilla" would know that there are places on lev1 that make shots silent and bumping into walls,using the lift, jumping from lift etc all silence the shot, other guy dont hear bugger all, ahhhhhhhhh happy days

I'm the only good matcher' here. Everyone knows you stick to the pistol. Always to the pistol. Why that big green projectile it gives off really spreads pellets everywhere. Once I crouched behind a couch in MAP01 and fragged this guy with my Pistol. Ahhhhhh.