Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
covaro

Parallel Lines

The Parallel Team isn't dead after all. Rumors are always not to be believed. News has been revealed on their present, that has been delayed. Mostly because it has grown much more than they had anticipated. But the big news, the thing that everyone wants to know: "What is going on with PD2?". Well folks, they are giving you their answer. And to tell you the truth, sounds quite tasty if you ask me.

in my pants

Parallel Team sucks!

(I'm only saying this because they hate me and I currently have nothing better to do at the moment, plus I'd like Pennywise and nitro to yell at me some more. I was quite amused last time they did...Tarin is cool though, I got nothin' against him, so maybe I should rephrase that...)

Pennywise and nitro suck!

Okay! Yeehaw!

Our pal Cyb! You still rememember that stuff?
Get over it dude! :)

And besides, you started it :)

Guest Caleb

sure hope jdoom will run that wad. that sky is fricken awesome in jheretic and jhexen. if i didnt know better (well i didnt know better right nitro?) i thought that sky was made with unrealED. so much candy, such lack of vision, i gotta get glasses for God's sakes

If it weren't for that dude warsomething we would have been pretty equal. But he was killed alot by you. I didn't see him much but when I did he was toast ;)

Guest Caleb

yeah i know its a zdoom wad, but i like my eye candy. i didnt spend a fortune on my machine, as you guys didnt either, for fucked up gfx. i was just wishfully hoping

Legacy is THE PORT!!!

Fraggle script

3d Floors

Boom support.

3-D fx/OpenGL.

BTW those lens flares in Jdoom look awesome but they are a bit over done. Actually they don't really look so very realistic. Since you don't loomat the world througnh a lens. Just through a glass. and it don't appear Lens flares that often by the, so inother words Legacy loom more real awell. Whoope. BTW I played a really cool map from doom 2001 a doom oddyssey with Legacy. DAMN was that sweet or WHAT???

JDoom Lens flares = non-realistic
Legacy = More real
Doom = Completely unrealistic

So, by this...

Legacy = real = not doom
and...
Jdoom = not real = Doom

Thank you for wasting your time with me.

=^)

Test-0

Don't start the port arguments again! :)

Put it this way, currently :

Legacy or JDoom are best for the single player/co-op Doomers, and LAN DMers.

CS Doom is best for Internet DMers.

ZDoom/SkullTag are best for the level editor
(it can do pretty much anything any other port can do level editing wise, other than true 3D).

EDGE is best for the Partial/Total conversion designer (due to DDF).

Of course, I'm sure newer ports and enhancements to existing ports will upset some of this in the not too distant future (for example, CSDoom, Doom Tournament and Skull Tag will soon be fighting it out for best port with Client/Server, and when/if DoomScript ever arrives, EDGE will have a serious rival for MOD designers)

Guest Gorc

I can't agree more with NiGHTMARE. All of what he says is true. I always thought each port had its own special use. All ye who care about Doom Editing read below...

You're right, but csDoom will have a hard time once ST is out. the biggest problem of csDoom is (IMO) that it does not work with WADs which include ACS (and so makes my levels useless :)

Oh, I started it. I'm soooooo sorry. Not that I posted your news and you tried to tell me how to run my own goddamned site or anything. Or you wrote a huge forum post flaming my wad with no instigation from me whatsoever. No, it's all my fault. Yes, let me just say I'm sorry. So very very sorry.

</sarcasm>

Guest Gorc

I do agree with NiGHTMARE here. One afternoon awhile back I sat down with EDGE and found its DDF files so easy to edit, I think an Imp could do it.

In question, I managed to give the Doom Marine a fist with the power of an Imps claw (binded to key 1), and the Imps fireball weapon (as above, except with key 2). No other weapons.

Now, if only I could do Doom art, I might have had a good Doom add-on on my hands there... maybe some kind of "Imp-match"?

The ports in the Internet DM fight will be SkullTag. Doom Tournament. Doom Legacy and csDoom.

csdoom already got servers and Legacy already got cs and master server support. I'll enjoy to watch this fight. Wich will be the winner ;)

Probably all of them. In a way.

Wohoo. My scanner came today.

Now I can scan my penis for you.

Hehe. At least it will be a small image :)

My scanner can make big pictures. Just hope I don't get an erection when I scan it or it'll not fit in the scanner.

Guest Gorc

Hey, if you try to scan it, won't it get squished between the scanner and the scanner lid/top? Or are we talking one without a lid?

And whats it got to do with Doom ports?

On second thoughts, maybe I don't want an answer to that :P

Guest louis9000

ebla will u send me a scaned penis!!!!i could use 1 now that my othr was fallen off :(((