Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

DWBS

Guest Firebrandt

Yes, yes we will.

First post :P

Guest Cephaler

ling, when abouts are we gonna be loving this megawad? ie, release date?!

Guest The Gemini

That was mean, ling....:)

Guest Argh!

Unless you're removing the player's inventory at the start of each map, I'd much rather see 32 separate wads containing one map each. Carrying over the inventory will completely screw up the intended gameplay of every map (expect the very first one). :P

Guest cocoon

stop complaining you all..
and releasing them as 32 seperate wads?
jesus... everyone canplay these as they like.. if there will be demos recorded here they will all start at the beginning in each map... like demos are recorded.. I can't see why anyone is complaining about that. I can't see any problems with it at all...

if you tihnk it ruins the fun to play them all in a row, don't. if you are a peon, play thme all in a row, no one will stop you. "There is no END to the possibilities!"

Guest The Gemini

Just die in the next map and restart..then you won't have all the weapons from the previous level...

Guest Retter

Man, all this argument over petty stuff. I just hope people are alright with the choice of levels.

Guest Gorc

But seeing as I didn't get it done on time, I am now making it more than 10 sectors.

Nobody is going to put restrictions on me now!

Heh.

Nonsense. If the only challenge offered by a map is lack of ammo, then imo it's not worth playing. With Doom2 enemies like Archviles, Revanents etc, any level can be tricky. No matter how much ammo you happen to have. Besides, I for one am really sick of playing levels that throw a half dozen big baddies at you when you only have a shotgun and a dozen shells. In Doom, you are supposed to go down fighting, not running around like a chicken with your head cut off looking for bullets. Christ, this complaining about gameplay balance is really starting to piss me off.

Hiya.

I submitted a simple wad (simple as in Troopers, Sergents, and Imps only). I did, however, use Map09 for the level (for the sky graphic). If someone goes from Map08 to my map with armor, rocketlauncher,plasma gun and supershotgun, well, lets just say he could do it with one hand. ;-)
I plan on playing the Megawad with ZDOOMGL; I can go to the console and type "Kill" and instantly frag myself. Then I can start off with nothing for every level. :-)

^_^

Guest Gorc

My level sort of wasn't making much sense anyway. You start on a rooftop, in a city. From there you go into a door, down some stairs, down a lift and all of a sudden you're underground! Weaving through tunnels and such.

I was still making it well within the limits of ten sectors, I was just not really putting the time into it. Now that the entry date is past, I've been slowly adding more stuff to it. It's very much in the design of the actual Doom maps: plenty of devious "Damn I should have seen that coming, I am a absolute ass for falling into that" sort of traps.

As far as enemies go, I too have only dabbled with a few soldiers, Imps and 1 Hell Knight. But the design is pretty good.

Far more than ten sectors now though. I'm still working on it, so I may upload it sometime. Not for a while yet though :D

You see, all you have to do is put in a script that takes away inventory at the next level. Ling' and boys'll figure it out.

First of all. All doom ports don't support scripting. The ones that have them is SMMU zDoom and soon Legacy. (EDGE got it's radius scripting but it don't support Boom so it's out anyway)

Now:
SMMU and Legacy got Fraggle script.
zDoom got ACS

What about the other ports then? Like Boom and MBF etc. Some of the maps don't even work in zDoom. Or Legacy. they just run in Boom and possibly MBF and/or SMMU.

It's so easy to kill yourself or just type idclevxx and have a fresh start.

There's a reason for the maps to have max Boom requirements. If you can't figure out why then there's no bother explaining it to you. (BTW I'm annoyed right now, damn markus is to lazy to give me back my cd Ensign - Cast the first stone.)

Ling. You're a cruel little man.

Guest Cephaler

think about it, geniuses..if you are so inclined to play the maps as they were meant to be played, then you can idclevxx to whichever map and play that way. and I'm sure all the levels will be released one way or another, but for now I think the 32 best levels rightfully have priority over the other ~100 levels. (this was, after all, a contest) my point is, that the important thing is that the levels will be released in the end, and i just hope that comes soon.

Couldn't you make a Dehacked script that could reset the player's stats at the beginning of every level?

Listen you fools, the contest clearly stated that the levels would be in a MEGAWAD. If your level relies heavily on the weapons and ammo you have rather than being loose to accomodate levels before (and after) then thats your fault. And no you couldn't reset player stats with a dehacked patch. I'm almost certain.

IDCLEVxy'ing through the levels is probably the best option. But when is it going to be out? And what is that Cyberdemon doing at the bottom of the screen?

You haven't beaten any Doom game unless you've gone through starting each level with nothing. This makes most levels so much more fun. Something like original Map18 actually doesn't have enough ammo unless you get the monsters to fight. Some of the early Q levels forgot this, and had few or no weapons in the levels.

I actually made a small WAD that contains both of the levels that I submitted for the 10-sectors contest, consecutively. The second one was significantly easier with all the weapons, but it was still fun. I don't think it will be much of a problem if all of the levels are put into one megawad, and if it is, I can just kill myself or use IDCLEV.

You know what? I'm beginning to care less and less how the levels are arranged, I just want to get them ASAP. I'm dying to see what other people did in this contest.

Guest Mattrim.

Zeku: I do not know which DOOM2 you are talking about, because the DOOM2 that I play has more than enough munitions and arms to pass every level, with 100% kills on skill 4, with a pistol-start. And yes, that does include the original MAP18.

BAH.

Me: Meh. Doom2 is a easy cookie.

Stalin: DA DA

Me: So are you coming to that strip joint tonite?

Me: Good. I got some really groovy homemade swedish vodka, Shall I bring you a keg aswell?

Me: Well Se ya later then?

Stalin: DA DA. Do Svidanja

Me: Yeah whatever.

BTW : 10 sector contest OWNS