Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

New Skulltag Released

You've been awaiting it for ages, and now it's finally here: beta 8 of Skulltag has been released! That's right, it's a new version of the "CTF on Crack" mod which has become so much more. Since there's so much new stuff I'll just do some hardcore copy/pasting here, so get ready:

A couple important notes:

• The client/server isn't totally working yet. You can setup a server, and throw some bots in there, but the client end still seems to be pretty borked. I'm very close to fixing that, and will release a small patch upgrade when I do have it fixed. And believe me, I want this done as much as anyone. I want to play some CTF, Domination, etc... dammit :)
  • Some of the stuff in there isn't totally done yet, specifically d2dm2 and a couple of the new skins in there.
  • Meepy seems to have slipped in there. Um... ignore him :)
So what's new in this version?
  • A new level (d2dm2).
  • Brand new "Multiplayer" menu for setting up network games, and single player botmatches (skirmishes).
  • Three new modes of deathmatch, including survival, scoremode, and instagib.
  • Several new skins, including the "Base II" skin, Chubbs's skin, and four monster skins.
  • New navigation system for the bots (they now get stuck far less).
  • Lots of new chat lines for the bots.
  • Bots can now respond to other bots' comments.
  • The teamgame mode has been revamped and greatly improved.
  • Scoreboard problems have been fixed.
  • A new grenade bouncing sound ('bout time, eh?)
  • Many, many secret bots.
  • Client/server (well, almost).
  • Bots now recognize teams (and can play in teamplay and teamgame mode).
  • Taunting
  • Several new display features (including displaying player names)
  • /me support
  • mewse

What are you waiting for? Go get it!

Guest Confusion

Those damn bots aren't getting stuck against the fucking walls every thirty seconds any more! Hurrah! Sod DOOM III, this is gaming at its finest. Good stuff indeed.

Oh, and...um...first...y'know...first thingy. Yeah.

Guest Caleb

has unreal been accepted into the doomworld?

how awful, NOT!

BTW, you can setup botmatches by going to Multiplayer->Skirmish. Just throw like 10 bots into map07 or d2dm2 and have a blast :) You can also that with PWADs, like gothic2 and stuff. Enjoy! :)

Guest Excalibur_Z

How many secret bots has everyone found, and how did you find them? The secrets must be released!

Skirmished 10 bots in map07.

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH MAAAAAAAAAAAN!

IN MY PANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oops, hehe, looks like the map sequence skips over d2dm2 for now. It goes from d2dm1 to d2dm7 still, when it should go from 1 to 2 to 7. I'll have this fixed in the patch.

Guest Excalibur_Z

Yeah, it would have been more effective if you HADN'T used IDKFA... IDFA would've been fine, but you got greedy Arioch =)

Guest Rhoq

Wow, it's cool to see such a great response. Let it be known that Doom shall live on! I regret that I was not able to fully complete the Chubbs skin. I spent a lot of time on him. Since it didn't get him all done for this release, you can look forward to seeing a full Chubbs graphics pack (complete with twinkies...and such) in the near future to make up for it. I hope everyone is enjoying SkullTag, so play on...!

FREE HISSY

What does the Taunt do?

I know what it's supposed to do but I jsut don't seen anything happen when I press it.

There's no sound attached to the base skin. Try some of the other ones, they've got taunts.

Guest Cyberdud15

I would like to see how screwed up the client/server games are :)

well...actually im just curious

Yeah, heh, I accidentally forgot to put in the right sound info lump, so yeah, there's no taunt attached to the base guy. Heh, and the grenade bounce sound doesn't work cause of that, either. I'll have that fixed tonight.

Guest q.pixel[rex]

I look forward to some tougher missions in the full release ;-)

I've found seven secret bots. That doesn't mean the secrets must be released! :) They're not that difficult to figure out. Just think about it a bit.

I didn't cheat my screenshot. As you can see, my ammo limit were still at original levels (signifying that I didn't have the backpack, which comes with idkfa in zdoom) ...

OHHHHHHHHHH!

ST OWNz.

You can add mots by typing
addbot pluto.

etc. just cause theyre not in the list in teh skirmisch place, don't mean you can't add them.

Also, if you've got teamplay on, you can go:

addbot <botname> <team>

... to put them on a certain team.