Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

New Skulltag Released

Guest Excalibur_Z

I've tried Need For Speed III tactics for finding the secrets -- beat every game mode. I already beat the bots in Instagib (standard skill) on all three DM maps, along with Score Mode. I tried playing through all of Deathmatch on the standard Doom2.wad but I got stuck in a teleport destination at level 20.

Can someone list the way to get at least ONE secret bot unlocked? I haven't had any luck so far and I don't see how it's possible to get 23 secret bots when I've already beaten two of the game modes.

It's not too hard. When you know a secret bot's name, just "addbot <botname>" will add it to the game. If you do "reveal <botname>" you will then be able to select that bot in the skirmish menu.

One of the things I've done, is opened up the autoexec.cfg file, and put a bunch of "reveal <blah>" commands in there, so that I'm able to use the secret bots at the skirmish menu.

Actually Fyre, I'm sure there's a couple that you don't know about.

Guest AFADoomer

I think the most umm . . interestingbot is 'quotebot'

btw - Where do you get 23? I've got 36 bots TOTAL, counting the regular ones and the ones listed on the Preview page. Only 12 are actually 'hidden.'

Guest Excalibur_Z

I'd just like to know how they're activated. Since my previous post, I've tried playing the 2nd game mode in Single Player (and won) but I received no message that a secret bot had been unlocked. I'm not a big fan of Survival mode so I haven't played that much, but the other modes I've played and 0wned.

So let's say... the first and easiest bot to unlock -- how is it done? What exactly is the process? I'm only interested in one procedure, since once I understand how to do it I'll be able to unlock more on my own. For right now though, I'm still stuck =/.

Thanks, I got the team thing to work.

Stupid team-bots, they either gaurd a certain area or follow me around then wander off when I need them. Oh well I always have sex

Hey wouldn't it me cool if we got this bots to work in some single-player conversion? It's been in my mind for years, a version of Doom 2 with certain levels where your fellow green space-marines follow you around and help you blast your enemies, with a few inspirational lines here and there.
I mean, you've already got them doing more than that, just improve the team/friend bot mode to make them just simply follow along and kill stuff, you know what I mean ;)

Guest Excalibur_Z

It's already included. Start a Multiplayer Skirmish with any Doom2 map as the start map, with the game mode as Normal. The bots are pretty good but my game crashed at level 3 I think it was.

And why have I not been informed about this, "normal" game??! What the heck is this... "Doom 2"... Hmmm... Gotta' try this.

Thanks. ;)

EndoQuan is a mysterious bitch

Yeah. I'll work on their single player AI a little later down the line. I oughta be working with the AI a lot more in general now that I've got some of the other stuff out of the way. Wheee! :)

POST 69!!!

Go work on Skulltag, man!

Oh and I meant a single-player game where the bots tagged along with you, at as steady a pace as you, talking to you... Not running off spawning anywhere and everywhere randomly, I mean like they are there in the room when you start waiting for crap to happen, and when they die they are out permanetly for the rest of the level.

Anyways,.

Guest Crusher

Here is how cheaters (like me, heh) can found secret bots. One was mentioned here already - "Mewse". Open skulltag.exe and search for it. All other bots will be right there. He he he. Some encryption in future versions of SkullTag, maybe? :)

Guest Slipgate

Skulltag's lookin' nice.

However, I don't know if it's my system,
or Skulltag, but after a few minutes of
play, no matter what level or what number
of bots (even just one bot against me in
a skirmish on map 7 or on an old PWAD of
mine) SkullTag crashes within a few minutes.

Bah, I haven't really had a chance to fight
DoomCrate! :)

Slipgate