Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mordeth

Mailbag

All the news, all the time.

• Bahdko has (re)opened doom2.net. Here you can find deathmatch tutorials, links to SP and DM levels, modem support and other tips for playing online, plus a deathmatch database complete with a lanparty schedule. Check it out, will you?
  • Tarin sent word that he has released his deathmatch level "FBase5" at his site. He has also put up some screenshots of a DM level for Team Future's ZDoom project Doom 3057, which looks pretty nice to me.
  • Opulent's Doomed Speed Demos Archive has started up a deathmatch demo section. According to the site it won't be your regular type of archive in the sense that people will not be able to submit their own demos. In other news they've posted several new regular demos for add-ons.
  • The RTC Doom site has moved to a new location. They've also put up some new screenies.

Guest The Mole

Opulent's demo's archive's very interesting if you want to find some demo's of a pwad. Go check it out. BTW, dont dare to enter a demo for the featured map, otherwise, i wont win :-)

Updated. Fine! Everybody check in again :)

Taken from our very current conversation:
---------------------------------------------
<Fredrik> aren't you gonna reply on dw?
<Tarin> no... but I updated my page again...
<Fredrik> couldn't you just say "Fredrik did most of the work with it. I only obey him."
<Tarin> haha :D
---------------------------------------------

Hey! I'm the one who harassed Tarin on Halloween that he didn't update his webpage enough and that he needed to release a new fbase wad. I should get credit for motivation!

:-P

Next time I think I'll ask for a little more.

Well I've been hassling you about releasing that map for a while now. ;)

Plus I played it with you. That was fun. Wheeeeee.

It looks very cool. Kinda reminds me a bit of Unreal Tournament. Dunno why really. I managed to kill you a few times and stuff.

Those zaps fried my ass and blood was all over the place.

Wheeee.
I give it 4 of 5. Let the Bloodbath begin.

Well actually the bloodbath already were a few weeks ago. but who's picky?

Besides. Make your own damn bloodbaths. DO we have to do everything for you?

Yeah, well I thought, Hmm, fbase5 would be a cool WAD. Then Tarin e-mailed me about something totally unrelated. Then I sent him a message back. So, of course, you know that means I deserve something, too.

Well, I downloaded it and played with it a bit so I want.......

Actually, just thought I would register my opinion that FBase5 looks really cool and has the intelligent use of ZDOOM features that we have come to expect from Tarin. I agree with Ebola. It reminded me a little of UT and perhaps a little of Half Life too, despite many of the extra textures obviously being "quakey" in origen. Haven't had a chance to DM in it yet, but will soon. :-)

Guest cocoon

Ebola, why have you got the nick with a name from a virus? Constantly got a cold? :)