Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

DWBS

After close to six weeks of blood, sweat and tears, the judging for the 10 Sectors WAD Contest is finally done. We have our winner, we have our runners-up, and we have our 32-level megawad. That doesn't mean it's ready to go yet -- there are still a few things which need to be done, such as determining an order for the levels, creating some custom graphics like level titles and maybe a new titlepic, etc. Big props to Mordeth, AndrewB, Cocoon, and Matt Dixon for wading through all the WADs, not to mention the hundred-odd people who entered. Soon my friends... soon...

Guest Mattrim.

Congratulations to all the people who entered this contest, and a big thank you to those who were not insensitive twits when it came to understanding why the judging was taking so much time.

=)

Thanks a bunch for the voting guys, I reckon the turnaround was pretty quick considering you had to select 32 levels! Jee GOD I hope I get in the top 32...

Guest cocoon

Matt expressed a lot of what I could have said if I posted here first, but now I don't.

I'll add one thing Matt didn't bring up: I'm very impressed by many, many entries! Good job!

Speaking of prize, I can give my Voodooo to a second place runner-up :) I prefer TNT :)))

Well good job wading thru all those levels and making choices. I know it can be hard to choose winners when it comes down to the final few. Don't say I didn't warn you though: expect some lashback about "my level was better then that or this level shouldn't have won".

Regardless of your guys final judgement I think you made the right choices. Unless of course you picked my map and then I would have to question your common sense.

Yes, yes, yes, congrats to everyone who entered, thanks a million, judges, etc...but where is the .WAD? Having finished all I can do for Caverns of Darkness, I am craving some Doom-style action to keep me busy. Also, how will the winners be announced? Will we have to download the .WAD first ('cause my connection is SLOW, and that would suck. Of course, I will download it anyway, but oh, the anticipation...)

Honestly, thanks judges, and thanks Doomworld for an excellent contest.

Guest The Mole

First of all, good job! It must have taken a lot of time to judge all those levels. But, like Swedish Fish said, there might be some discussions about the final result. But, judging is based on someone's own taste. So dont be too harsh on the judges, they did their best.

Guest jay_moser

ten sectors! I can't wait!

Guest wondersmith

You still need to add co-op starts to the maps that are missing them! Please, Linguica? I'm not asking you to fix the maps to work correctly in co-op, just provide the extra starts so we can try them. Thanks.

Oh good God, some of these maps won't work with co-op AT ALL, I guarantee it. There are some which totally screw with the sectors in the middle of the level, raising and lowering things, etc. But I will put the starts in anyway.

Guest The Gemini

It's much props by the way not big props.. heh.

Guest cocoon

Linguica is right, co-op will not be the prefered way of playing some of these... You better stick together when playing together with some one...

Not only stick together, but preferably not getting killed either. :-)

I'm very anxious to see what can be done with ten sectors. And to see if my map made it into the top 32.

My map is working in DM. (Not with Bots though).

But if you even think of trying it with Coop you can be considered a cheater/lunatic. :P

Guest space-dog

Does anybodt recognise the map in the background of the titlepic?

Guest Captain Napalm

Hurrah!
Christmas comes early this year!
I just hope the levels are really that good.
Are all levels being released?
Or just the 32 best?

Dammit, folks, *I* made the title pic. It took a whopping half and hour at 3:30 in the morning last night, so why don't you keep your snide little comments to yourself lest you make me cry (*sniff*). And the map in the background is a section of my entry to the 10 sectors contest :)

Guest The Mole

Very good idea. I suggest Linguica uses the same titlepic but with the winning map on the background. And, if Lutz's map is the winner, that's just much easier for Linguica then. :-) It's only a snippet of Lutz's level? Man, this must be one big map he's got there. At least, bigger than mine :-) Looks detailed too. At least, more detail than mine :-)

Guest Retter

Think about all the individuals involved in this contest from the designers to the judges. This wad will truly be something special well worth the wait.