Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Insomnia

I see that the Cyberdreams homepage has an update about Insomnia, their followup to Cyberdreams. Among the news are two new screenshots showing off some insomni-action. You might also have a chance to do some Cyberdreaming in the 10 Sectors megawad, heh heh heh.

Guest Medieval_Gnome

Did you intend to not have any links in this story?

f|rst p0st

You might also have a chance to do some Cyberdreaming in the 10 Sectors megawad, heh heh heh.

Oh no!

I like the idea of turning doom into a puzzle game, but cyberdemons would have been one of my last choices. It boils down to the painfully obvious: theres too much dodging of rockets in small spaces, which isn't especially fun to begin with.

If you took all randomness out of the AI, I could see a 'adventures of lolo' type puzzle game made with doom, with pink demons following your around at full speed, and chainguns guys mowing you down the instant you cross the path they're facing, etc.

Seems to me like it had to be a Cyberdemon.
The point is that you can't kill them with conventional methods, and the cyberdemon is one of only a few enemies that you can't (if you have enough patience) punch to death.
The spider mastermind wouldn't work because its sheer bulk makes it very hard to implement, and it can kill you almost instantaneously if you don't have any cover. Dodging rockets is easier than dodging bullets.
A baron might work, but not in levels like MAP07 where the one cyber has to kill two mancubii and three arachnotrons in order for you to beat the level. A baron couldn't take that sort of damage from five medium-class monsters.

I just tried it out recently, and it's kind of fun.

Guest The Mole

I think it's great, very fun. I just cant wait to see Insomnia. But, some levels are just too hard. Tic-Tac-Toe is impossible for me, i probably tried a hundred times and died every one of them. Level 29 rock! Play it.

Guest cocoon

The review of it has been up at Doomster for really, really long. I cannot remember when it was released but it is still probbly one of my 10 favorite wads.

It is so innovative, fun and good looking that it deserves all attention it can get.

I just wish that the team won't get caught in a successful "recepie" and try to push the limits a little bit further in Insomnia.