Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Unseen King

Stupid Question about LMP's

I could be wrong since it's been a long time since I've done it... but heres how I think you do it:

There are 3 entries in the IWAD called DEMO1, DEMO2, DEMO3... so you want to import the LMP into your PWAD and name the entry any one of those depending on the order in which you want the demo shown.

I think you can also use a command line argument to load up a LMP.

RTM

Command line is the easiest, from a dos prompt or dos window.

The following from the AV text file.

(assumes you are in C:\Doom2)

doom2 -file av.wad -playdemo av28-uv

It tells the game to load the wad (AV), and then play the following demo. Note spaces and dashes!!

You can add music or additional graphics wads after the main wad is loaded.

well I think his intent is to include it into a level pack of his... this way the user doesn't have to add some sort of command line parameters. It also seems more professional to include a demo of the level from when you start up doom.

Add demo lumps entitled DEMO1, DEMO2, and DEMO3 to the WAD and they will play when the game starts.

However, remember that demos will basically only work with the source port they were recorded with.

Searcher said:

Command line is the easiest, from a dos prompt or dos window.

The following from the AV text file.

(assumes you are in C:\Doom2)

doom2 -file av.wad -playdemo av28-uv

It tells the game to load the wad (AV), and then play the following demo. Note spaces and dashes!!

You can add music or additional graphics wads after the main wad is loaded.

Wouldn't it be easier to create a patch WAD with Wintex, then import the demos (and anything else you need) into it?

Spike said:

Wouldn't it be easier to create a patch WAD with Wintex, then import the demos (and anything else you need) into it?

Probably would be, but he didn't say (clearly) he wanted to add them to a file. I assumed he just wanted to watch a demo.

So if he is trying to load them INTO a wad to use them for intro demos my suggestion will not work. Mine was just for watching them.

Your idea (importing) could be handled by any of the decent wad editors out there.

So, his request may not be clear to me.