Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Strife Back In Stores?

On my retail boxed copy, patched to the final release version, the two wad files that come with strife are strife1.wad and voices.wad The executable is called strife1.exe and there is a batch file (strife.bat) that runs the intro movie and then strife1.exe

The text file recommends renaming strife1.exe to strife.exe and deleting the batch file and avi file if you don't want to have the intro movie installed. In any case, if you just run the executable it should automatically load the wad files - no parameters needed.

As far as I remember, the sharware/demo version had a wad with a different name (Strife.wad?)

There should also be a setup program with Strife that is similar to the doom setup program. This will get your input type, and soundcard details and write Strife.cfg

That may help.

Guest xXminionXx

Strife is an awesome game, but I can find it anywhere here... So I d/l'ed it from theunderdogs.org Which works perfectly BTW)

But I was wondering if someone can hook me up w/ the Logo movie and the voices.wad file? Strife doesn't have much of a personality w/o the gruffy voices =