Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

This Is Doom Crisis

Cyb's maps are great. All of them are at least good. Hard to say which one is his best level.
He's a popular author, and thus there are many demos of his maps at the DSDA.

Guest cocoon

doom:
flsofdth

doom2:
2faced
artica_b
artica2
artica3
artica4
btrain
cybdm02
desc345
descent1
descent2
dismem
eul5boom
eulogy (1-9)
hlgfx
liquid
massm
minime
railgun
runaway
runaway2
somedm01
zort (1-7)

quake2:
cybdm01
cybdm02

The best place to get a wad listing is on Walnut Creek. There's a zipped text file that Ty maintains listing the entire idgames archive - look in the root directory of:
ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/idgames/

Print it out and you can use it to record which wads you've downloaded/played/liked/hated/etc.

I can't type very much since it's Thanksgiving and I'm doing other stuffsz but basically I love your idea Aard. I think a list of 50 is best because anymore is too much and less won't add much variety. Then like the top10 should get I dont know..2 points and top3 like 3points. Again, the problem is user interaction. But If you and I are willing to make lists that would make 2. And even if it doesn't work out it would be something interesting to post on my page.
One small problem I see is if something new is released that I like, what happens?

sparky: well yes, I can think of that too. The problem is that that list is way too big, I don't have the time to play all wads on cdrom.com. Starting with the ones other people like sounds smart, doesn't it?

fish: ok, we will organize this together then. However, we will need lists from lots of people, just you and me is not enough (especially since my list is rather boring, it just contains stuff I picked of webpages like Opulent's). My scheme will get more valuable the more people make lists... a wad that gets 1 point from 10 people says more than just you and me having played it. Also, the length of the list is probably irrelevant... I probably wouldn't get beyond 20 (of "must play" wads) and you would easily get beyond 50, maybe a 100. Just depends on how many you have played in total.