Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

DANGed Adams

Guest Excalibur_Z

Drool...

/me is happy.

Legacy netplay 0wnz ZDoom!

Guest Gorc

Now, I suggest you go back and read the above report in the OPEN GL/3DFX bit very carefully.

Now, I ask you, why did the Mancubus have Coronas on his balls in the first place???? Wouldn't that hurt????

Okay okay! Well, its a second hand joke anyway.

Guest Fanatic

"Read the doc for more"

Where is the referenced "doc"? I can't find it in the zip or on their website.

hrmph...

Guest Ike654

Looks interesting. I'll have to try it before the night is out. I wonder if I should start updating KillEd with the new stuff yet...

Guest LordUnum

Gotta love it when anything reaches the point of coming out as a "release candidate". It just sounds so.... official, even though it's, ummm, unofficial.

Bleh. Doom was on the grassy knoll....

Guest Gorc

No No, I take it back... the subject reads that it fixes "No more Coronas FOR mancubus balls", so it is actually implying The mancubus, somehow, had coronas instead of balls! So. I think, it is a pretty useful change, as I don't want to be blinded every time I look at a Mancubus.

I still wouldn't want to be a mancubus before patching the thing.... where theres coronas, theres normaly a source of light.... like fire! OUCH!

Okay, now the joke is not only second hand, its also second rate too! Bonus!

Guest Ike654

It says "Read the doc for more". I read both legacy.txt and whatsnew.txt, and all they mention is the stuff above. Where's the new info on the stuff?

Very nice release here! the fog is groovy.
Yeah, where is the doc anyway? The team must have forgotten it.
Maybe a RC1.00000000000001 should be coming soon! heheh

Um, most of the "docs" they are talking about are the ones I have not written yet... :(

Sorry, I'll let everyone know when I write them...

Steven

Guest orkface

gorc is funny!

p.s. nooooo not bob of ablex!! nnnnooooo
(breaks down crying like a baby)

Guest Firebrandt

As much as I like Legacy (although I prefer ZDoom :p ), I'll get really exited when the next version of EDGE arrives.
*looks inquiringly at Marc*

Guest Gorc

Hi Orkface!

"Tink Bob of Ablex too hard to kill... is impossible! To win da game, you must... must... when lunch again?"

Well, I'm not making any more second hand jokes. I'm hanging up my "Second hand Joke" hat, and instead, I will now poke fun at another thing!

-adjust buchholz for suicide

Why not just pull out the rocket launcher and fire it against the wall? I mean, what is the point of a "suicide" option? Hexen had one (the dreaded F5 key syndrome) but did anyone ever use it? Eh? Did anyone apart from Raven and Id (and me) even know it was there?!? Its not like, when you use one measly rocket it will matter. You're not going to have them with you when you wake up anyway! I say you make it interesting and allow you to pull whatever gun you are currently using around at you, and then pull the trigger. That way, the last thing you see is the barrel of your gun. Go ahead, if you're feeling reeeaaallll lucky, punk!

Take the nice medication Gorc. That will make you feel better. Undoubtably.

Guest Gorc

Coronas are little balls of light that are produced by torches and such in 3DFX/OPENGL mode. They are supposed to simulate lens flare, like what you get in real life (sorta).

Guest Fanatic

Should be before the end of the year. Got a lot of groovy new features (including a lot of BOOM support, minus a few tags we won't support). It's gonna be sweet. :)

Don't get me wrong, I think coronas look just spiffy, but they are not that realistic at all. The only time you usually notice such an effect in real life is in situations like a foggy night, in a smoky room or when looking through a (dirty/fogged) lens (or when steamingly drunk). Since most of the time doom is not set in these environments coronas are not particularly realistic. But if doom was supposed to be realistic..... well where do we start? Rock on coronas.

Guest space-dog

If you wear glasses you tend to get coronas and stuff, however if I was going on a journey to the bowels of hell, i would take my glasses off first

The whole point with Coronas is we're so used to seeing them in movies through a camera lens. I believe they are supposed to simulate that. I like coronas!:)

Guest The Gemini

Well when the UAC folks have found ways to travel to other planets then the moon, there probably are glasses that don't seem foggy like your grandma's, so, "coronas" IS unrealistic. But then the doom guy can carry 600 cells,400 bullets, __100__ rockets, 100 shells and all weapons in a backpack so.."coronas" looks good though...heh

Guest prets

coronas do look spiffy, but they also use precious system resources (at least, mine are precious) while generating an unrealistic effect...

I hate coronas. Of all the annoying crap anybody could possibly place in a game, this is it. Slight hints of them are OK in foggy places, such as Hexen has, but that is it. Lens flares are even worse. Even the special effects in the Matrix are better than coronas.

Guest prets

u mean the movie?????
those sfx rock!!!!

Guest Ike654

From what I've seen of coronas, they look awsome, but since I have no 3d accelerator, and only a 486 on one computer, and a P 120 on this one, I can't exactly experiance them. But, if you look at street lights at night, that little halo around them, aren't those coronas?