Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

Phobos Anomaly Reborn Demo

8MB of the 15MB big .wad are "wasted space". Might be a good idea to remove that for the next release :)

Is there even a yellow key on E1M1 yet? I searched everywhere for it to no avail.

I know am officially offering my body to bear Chris Lutz's children. I'm a guy, yes, but it's the offer that counts!

In the eastern hangar, there are two teleporters, one in the southeast of the room (on a ledge), and one in the northwest of the room (also on a ledge).

Press the north wall on the SE teleporter, and the wall will lower, revealing a switch.
Press this switch, and quickly run off and on the teleporter.

You'll be taken to the NW teleporter, where you need to run west. If you've been quick enough, you'll be able to get on a lift that will take you to a small room containing the yellow keycard (along with a dead body).

Right, so I appreciate all this feedback; I am taking it all into consideration (though I can't say as I am quite ready to have any children yet, but thanks). To address the "wandering about the level without a clue as to what to do" -- yep, I knew it. Ideally, each level has some tasks to complete -- in level 3, filling the water basin and activating the nuke pumps allows access to the crane -- but those things apparently are not clear. I had considered making Half-Life-style graphics telling the player "Hey -- you need to turn on the water and nuke pumps before this switch will work," but I was too lazy (and my artistic skill isn't all that great). However, it is clear that is what I should have done, and I apologize for being rather lazy. So I ask you this: would new graphics help? I don't want a computer screen that says "Turn on the water, moron," but something like a screen showing a water pump and a nuke pump with a red "deactivated" label under each...

Nightmare -- did you actually find the yellow key, or did you look at an editor/fullmap cheat? It is supposed to be basically impossible to find (though theoretically there IS a visual clue), but I am glad that someone did.

Thanks for the comments, all. Please feel free to post more stuff or e-mail me at chris_lutz@hotmail.com.

Headroom. Running along and then slowing to a bumpy crawl because your head is hitting the ceiling isn't elegant. A few staircases have this problem.

The visual clue on the yellow key is way too hard, because you have to remember what texture was used in a different place. This is at cross purpose with your intent to immerse the player in something unfamiliar. Since its on the inner, less visible wall, you could just misalign it or change the teleporters brightness.

Thanks for your work. It owns.