Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

ABC

LOL, and I thought that _I_ had just spent too much for something on eBay ($95 for a Playstation plus something like 75 pirated games) =p

Hehe suckers. Any ideas on what the ID Anthology would go for on EBay? $o)

Just checked, 2 people are selling the Anthology and it's going for an average of $65. Damn, my plan was to put mine up 4 sale with a reserve of $200. I guess some of us con artists don't make it in life ;o)

* bigd paid over $200 for mine. hmf. oh well, it's all in mint condition, so i'm happy with it! i'm just glad that i got one, now if i can get all the guys at id to autograph it...

Guest Captain Napalm

Never heard of these books, any good?
When were they available?

Guest Archvile46

Jesus these people are stupid. $93 for those shitty-ass books that I paid a TOTAL of ten bucks for???

...for 20! I even have a second 4th book. =) I didn't mind the first book, it stayed within the hell style, the next got into the aliens thing, and well, first was the best, and degraded to a steaming pile of mac's coffee. ;)

...I should sell mine off. ^_^

...What ever happened to the short writing contest? I thought that it was being revived, or something. Regardless, it would be cool to see some of the entries, because it strikes me that the whole Doom experience could be translated into a series of pretty good stories.

Guest Kinoshkana

Try the fanfics forum. :-)

Guest Ike654

I actually used to own all four books, and read the first 3 and half of the last one. The first one was cool, but I didn't like the others. Except for the concept of those "newbies". Funny how they all fell apart except for the first one...

Didn't they mention rail guns in the fourth one when Flynn and Arlene are on that sand planet and talking through those throat radios?

Guest Gorc

I only own the first two, but have read all four.

The first one is really good. It sticks perfectly to the game, showing almost every level. One thing I'm not happy with is the way Episode One takes up more than half the book, while the other two episodes go by way too fast.

The Second and Third books are Pants. None of these two books coresponds to the games at all. And the whole joke of naming the baddies is overused.

The Fourth book is pretty bad too, except when Flynn and Arlene are in the simulation of the first game, and we get to relive the first book all over again.

Overall: First Book **** out of 5

The Second and Third Books: ** out of 5

Fourth book: *** out of 5