Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

MIDI Class #3

Fanatic uploaded the results of his second MIDI class yesterday, which is about a 13 meg download, readers be warned. He's also uploaded the file to be used for next week's MIDI composition exercise, so take a look if you're interested.

Guest MrHarmony

Tough instruments in Class 03... *heh* There's nothing that's really well suited for a lead/melodly/theme/loop track - I guess that's the very idea here. That won't stop me, though! :-)

Anyway, it's not like we're having a bandwith problem or anything in this thread... Where is everyone?

Guest Fanatic

It will get worse. :)

I'm trying to pick instruments that people don't normally use together. It will get interesting.

Guest Ike654

I thought the instruments were very easy to use. I've used them all before, so it made this class (my first one, actually) pretty easy.

Guest Ike654

How about taking a taiko drum, a contrabass, the electro drum-kit, guitar harmonics, and a dulcimer? And writing either a power ballad, or a j-pop song with it?

Guest MrHarmony

Isn't that a bit too easy? :-)

Anyway, I have 3 "songs" for class 03 now. Remains to see which one I'll finish... All of them, maybe, if I feel inspired. (I didn't really get anywhere past the basic sound last time; it's easy to build a nice sound, but a real song takes some inspiration.)

Guest Fanatic

Trust me, I have some good stuff planned. :)

The next class will have more restrictions to challenge you with.

Percussion only. Drum kit, taiko, syn drum, tom. That would be, like, wicked styley!

Guest Fanatic

Simmer down now, I got stuff, don't you worry!

Guest MrHarmony

Actually, the current class isn't too far from percussion only; the only instrument with a "real" sustain is the Warm Pad. (Right; one of the other instruments have a soft sustain as well, but it's hardly audible at sensible volumes.)