Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

Sir Robin Strikes Again

Sir Robin has updated his pages with some thoughts on this last week's speedmapping exercise, as well as taking the opportunity to plug his new page of electronic music. He's also got 2 new reviews up, one of the new Phobos: Anomaly Reborn demo and one of The Following, which is a Doom 2 map for ZDoom.

Two things: thanks for a very positive review, but I have to agree with Afterglow on the screenshots thing. I don't think it is capital-letter worthy, but they do seem a touch bright. Yet then again, I really don't give a sh*t, either.

Guest Sir Robin

I guessed that my screenshots have to be way too bright... Well, I blame the societ... Eh, I blame my monitor for it :) It's way too dark, I have to use gamma correction tool in windows and gamma 4 in DooM... Sucks, doesnt it? :/

Guest Sir Robin

I'll try to remember reduce their brightness a bit next time... But I just have to use gamma 4 while playing so I can see something on the screen :/ Maybe it's time to sell this monitor...

Em, bright. - When I did send you a screenshot of "The Square Base", one of my levels ( http://linux01.gwdg.de/~jengelh/ ) you said you had to brighten them up...

better buy a new monitor *geek*
--
or just raise the contrast value to 100% and then adjust the brightness to your needs

Guest Sir Robin

"Em, bright. - When I did send you a screenshot of "The Square Base", one of my levels ( http://linux01.gwdg.de/~jengelh/ ) you said you had to brighten them up..."

Well, I did have my gamma correction tool on at that moment and I could see other screenshots that I looked somewhere just fine so it wasnt just my monitor ;)

"better buy a new monitor *geek*"

I know... Send me money ;)

"or just raise the contrast value to 100% and then adjust the brightness to your needs"

I have brightness and contrast of my monitor set up to max... the gamma correction tool then again will mess things up really badly if you set brightness or contrast to max values... You can also get colors look really wrong with that software, I think it's very imperfect or at least works totally differently than monitors brightness and contrast thingy...

(* Sir Robin making himself sound like a lamer)

Guest Sir Robin

Stupid me, quoting looks so stupid here :)

Well, anyway... I fixed them - I think... Please tell me that they dont look too bright or too dark now! :)

Would I be asking too much if I requested more reviews of the DW speed wads as well as "big blast" reviews of darken2 and classic episode ?

=)

Guest Sir Robin

Those requests of you are very much likely to happen :) Specially the darken 2 review...