Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

Speedmapping Prize Winner

Those goons over at the [url="http://wondersmith.com/coop/" target="_blank"]Co-Op Certification Laboratory[/url] wasted little time in selecting their winner for last Saturday's [url="http://www.doomworld.com/speedmapping/" target="_blank"]Speedmapping[/url] activity hosted by Doomworld. Blake Wilfong fired off an Email message to Doomworld letting us know who the winner is, but we won't let you know until the [url="http://wondersmith.com/coop/" target="_blank"]Co-Op Certification Laboratory[/url] updates with the results. So if you were one of the participants in last Saturday's Speedmapping exercise, keep your eyes open and your fingers crossed! There's a copy of Perdition's Gate, the out-of-print commercial megawad for Doom 2 heading out to the winner! I can tell you this much; I was not the winner of the contest, so put that thought out of your mind.<p>Update: The [url="http://wondersmith.com/coop/" target="_blank"]Co-Op Certification Laboratory[/url] has updated announcing the winner, so head on over and see who it is!

Guest mantra`

I made a poopie penismongers!

Guest mantra`

cant say f1r57 p057 eh

I think "I made a poopie" was pretty creative actually.

I can't help but wonder if I was close to winning. I made a small screwup that had a disastrous effect on my map and I wonder if that took me down from potential winner to complete loser.

Oh well. Maybe I should fix the level and release it as a one-level wad.

Guest wondersmith

Though the web page advertising Perdition's Gate is still up at www.wizworks.com/perdgate.htm, the links to it have been removed, and the demo version download doesn't work. So I'm pretty sure it's really no longer available. Ditto for Hell to Pay.

"Oh well. Maybe I should fix the level and release it as a one-level wad."

Not unless you want to incite the wrath of Ling.

Guest Captain Napalm

Would Ling really get pissed? I mean for god´s sake nobody is making any money off of this, So would should Ling care if somebody rereleases their level? And yes I did read the copyright note in the txt file.

Guest Captain Napalm

huh? Fish makes Comp CDs? Where?

Well the compilation CD isn't technically for sale...but for you...Free..if you want.

BTW, I don't have full Hell2pay either :(
Just shareware of that.

And, did anyone notice that the first thing Fredrik did when he finished it was complain about how badly he did?

I think thats a misunderstanding on a lot of people's part. It says in the textfile that authors may not modify that wad. I would think he would be refering to other people. I don't see how Linguica could place jurisdiction on a level he didn't design.

Maybe if this was some megawad I could understand...but it's more like an excercise to help with mapping and ideas. The ideas are so primitive...they are practically begging to be touched up upon again..

Linguica specifically told me that we're not allowed to modify and release our speedmapping levels.

Who said the first map was poo? GRrrrr. The map with the "poo" sign was way pooier!

Yep, Ricrob's site has the shareware of both Hell to Pay and Perditon's Gate.

Guest The Gemini

so is there a prize for the dwspd010 too?

AndrewB: I think you're the first person to bring that up.

10 reasons why MAP04 didn't win
1. There's only one room
2. There are four cyberdemons in that room
3. The only co-op support is the fact that there are 4 player starts
4. The one room has a lava floor and sky ceiling
5. There's no exit
6. There's one plasma gun and a bunch of ammo that gets eaten up quickly
7. The backpack is pointless
8. You can see very clearly that you're standing on a big square of lava
9. No detail, the only room is rectangular
10. There's a big block hanging in the sky that says "POO"

How does the bold thing work?