Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

Ground Zero

Gokuma has sent in the news that after over two years of being totally off the scope, the long-awaited new beta of Ground Zero, a Team Fortress styled mod for Doom, has finally been released. Unfortunately, due to the project team being in a state of shambles, only one CTF map has been included in the beta release, with some new maps possibly to be released by Gokuma later on. The project's page is available here.

Guest Striker

Just remove those two lines in the script that changes the sector color and sector fade and recompile the bad boy the wad should work like a charm under csdoom and zdaemon servers. Those servers for some reason do NOT like those script commands and you must remove them.

Neither ZDaemon nor CSDoom are particularly known for good DeHackEd support.

Guest Striker

Well after hacking the wad apart i find that the script is just half of the problem =P i think the item placement has something to do about the other half =P

A new version of ZDaemon was just released so I'll have to see how that works. GZ works. ZDaemon just wasn't.

I gotta make some serious repairs to my site. With Doom Nation, Doom Shack, and other sites disappearing or moving I have a lot of links to fix. Some stuff isn't getting reuploaded unless someone requests it. Then I gotta update my email address in everything I do upload back up.

It's good to be back. It's nice to know that people gave a rat's ass. *Gets hit with a rat's ass* And now I have a comp that actually runs windows ZDoom properly. ;}

Ok FYI, my link is now www.doomworld.com/unholy. :p

BTW I once got under the influence that Grounf Zero was made for Dosdoom/EDGE

"I once got under the influence..."

Do you by chance mean "I once got the impression..."?

It seems that ZDaemon 0.99 behaves exactly the same with GZ. I got Doomserv 5.01 installed but haven't tried GZ with it yet. I suppose that still uses ZDoom's peer-to-peer-to-peer-etc multiplayer.

Congrats on getting hosted by DW, Ebola. Maybe you're thinking of my weapons patch or something Captain Mellow was working on. Although I vaguely remember at least thinking of programming the DDF for the C&C stuff for something.