Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

Sir Robin Update

Sir Robin has updated his Doom Castle with three new reviews, which are of CH_Retro, Selfish Series 1, and Vrack. He's also announced that he'll be on a bicycle trip for the next week or so, and will be travelling over 100 kilometers.

Guest o-tech

BAH! 100 kilometers is what you WALK in one day if you put some effort into it :) Sir Robin needs to cut down on the ganja.

Guest Kinoshkana

Walking 100km in a day is what you do if you've been taking speed for three straight weeks.

Biking 100km... now, that's doable in one day, but then you can't see the sights.

I think he's doing some sight-seeing.

Only Darkening E2 contributors allowed here. Move along, nothing to see.

Geez, a week? I do 20mi (~35K) on tough offroad terrain in one afternoon mountain bike ride. I should hope he's spending time seeing things, or else he's going really slow...

Remember that a kilometer is less than a mile. Also the type of bike and apparel is a big factor.

Bikes will always rule. Gawd I hate driving. ::shudders:: Stupid damn stick-shift.

Guest Captain Napalm

Why do americans constantly say "k" Isn´t "km" the correct physical or whatever unit?

I guess Sir Robin has built up such a tolerance to every drug known to man that he's finally had to resort to getting high off his own endorphins.

Can somebody convert this K shit into a real measurement, like miles?

Guest lucifer

why do you fuckers bother this hippie so much?
YOU MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

Guest Captain Napalm

But seriously if you ask me the metric system makes more sense and isn´t as dated.
I also like my water to freeze at 0 degrees Celsius thank you very much, not that farenheit crap.

Kilometre = 0.621371 Miles, but most people use 5/8 as an easy conversion.

100 Kilometres = approx. 62 miles.

In the UK we are officially metric, but I don't know anyone who will tell you how fast their car goes in KPH, or how many kilometres it is from one place to another by road. All road signs are in miles and the main units on car speedo's are miles (though km are also present).

Even the pupils I teach (ages 11 to 18 years), who have been brought up in a metric country want to know their weight in stones and pounds, talk about a 3 mile bus journey to school, and being 5'6" tall.

A few of my friends who are in the army measure how far they move on exercise in kilometres. They usually refer to them as K, not km or kilometres.

Oh, BTW, Note the spelling. I don't know how international this is, but in the UK Kilometre is spelled "re", not "er". I guess that maybe something to with the French origin of the word. I think in the US, you go for meter and kilometer, whereas we go for metre and kilometre.

In fact, I just checked. Metre is from the French mètre, from the Greek metron - a measure.

However, meter is amongst other things, an instrument to measure things.

Never say Doomworld isn't educational. :-P

Guest Captain Napalm

heh

the SI unit for temperature isn't celcius :P captain napalm you caveman :P~

Guest BlackTerror

I'm not kidding. He wanted words to be spelled the way they sounded, but only some of his suggested changes caught on, like meter instead of metre, and mostly in the US.

Guest DarkWolf

He changed the words because the people in the United States at that time wanted to be different from the UK. Authors of books also wrote differently than English authors. Heavy import tariffs were place to encourage the production of American goods and so on...

Uh-oh. Are those foreigner-canadian hill-billies giving you trouble again? Tsk Tsk. They complain that we are arrogant, yet we share our land with them. They accuse us of being slobs, yet they continue to dump their garbage on our soil. And you off-landers, Britain or what-not, ain't so great yourselves, killing more people over religion than you save.

You aware that your ancestors stole your land from the indians and killed them ruthlessly? And nothing compares to the amount of garbage born in the states EVERY SINGLE DAY...

I'm Canadian, I work construction, and I have no clue how long a meter is. We do everything in inches and feet. Well, we get concrete in cubic meters, but that's it.

That's hysterical that they crashed that probe into Mars because they got the two systems confused and tried to land it 400 feet below the surface... stupid scientists. And hey, can't we agree that all countries suck butt equally?

Guest Kinoshkana

no now go away

Seriously, what about us Hellstorm people?

Guest lucifer

YOU BETTER SHUT DA FUCK UP YOU FUCKING FISH!
YOU SON OF A FUCKING COCKSUCKER!