Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

Incident At Tei Tenga

Does somebody actually give a shit about this stuff???
I know I don't.

Guest Fanatic

Considering that we have a forum called Fan Fiction with 65 posts in it, I woudl say yes, and they are probab;y reading about it.

If you don't give a shit about this stuff, why are you posting anything about it?

Guest Kinoshkana

And if you've read any of this yet, you really WOULD give a shit about it.

Rick Clark is an amazing storyteller.

:) :) :)

Three smilies means I'm very happy!

Hey Rick, any chance this "short" novel could evolve into something more epic? That would be cool. ^_^

Heh, Rick your editing is creeping into your writing:

"Cadance heard a satisfying crunch and thump as Baldy fell to the ground with a broken node."

If you want a beta reader let me know. I've written quite a bit my self.

I liked the UT-mileu-based "Deathmatch". The protagonist answers all his email, which adds to his virtue. ;-)

Seriously though, Rick, I didn't think you were all that crazy about UT. You were anticipating it, but then when it came out, you sounded like you weren't too interested. It's funny because one of the reasons I finally got into Unreal was because you were telling me about mapping for it instead of Doom, & that got me curious about UnrealEd.

Guest Rick Clark

I'm glad most of you are enjoying the story. :)

I broke down and did get a copy of UT and it isn't too bad. I like the premise and Deathmatch came out of that. A lot of people don't like the ending, but I wanted to show what the consquences of having these types of "Games" could be in the real world. Don't forget, the Romans had real Deathmatches for almost 300 years with real people dying.

I'm not sure what I'll being doing Doom-wise after I finish Tei Tenga. I may do a series of stories set in DTNC. I have one outline already finished.

Yes, I know, my editing and spelling stink. :)

Just for the record: Even though my stories tend to be dark, I am actually a very happy person. :) I abhor real violence and see no glory in it. My stories reflect that.

Just for the record: Even though my stories tend to be dark, I am actually a very happy person. :) I abhor real violence and see no glory in it. My stories reflect that.

Ditto.

Just come back from reading "Tei Tenga". I have to confess the first paragraph left me a little worried. It felt like (oops) there were a lot of similes based around the word "like".

I thought the whole thing was going to be telling me how something or other was "like" a particularly dark piece of imagery.

But then, no! I got into it. I read it, wanted to read more, reached the end too soon and was disappointed that's all there was.

I particularly liked the canteen scene. A nice snapshot establishing the tone of the base and the people in it and the type of relations they have with each other. Very real.

The fistfight was well described too. Not laboured in any way. Enough detail let the reader know what was going on, it painted a clear mental picture, but was brief enough, if you'll excuse the pun, to keep it punchy.

I hope there is going to be more. You can't just leave it on the brink of something about to happen. You have left the reader in a state of tension, knowing something unpleasant is about to "go off", possibly from a couple (or more) angles. Even better, the characters are blissfully unaware of it.

Nice!

Guest Rick Clark

I hope there is going to be more. You can't just leave it on the brink of something about to happen.

Oh, yes, plenty. This is going to be around novella length and I am still in Act 1. When Act 2 kicks off, there will be plenty of action.

When I complete the story all the parts will be put together, with an extensive edit, so you can read it all at once.