Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Doom 3 FAQ Updated

There hasn't been much new info on the new Doom lately, but in the Doomworld forums some people have uncovered some rather old info which was never brough to attention before. The new (unconfirmed) information covers what sounds like a really clever trick to make models look much higher-poly than they really are, and I've inserted it into our Doom 3 FAQ as such. Check out section 4-7 for the scoop.

Graphics are getting better and better, I've noticed that technology is making graphics better even thoe have the same techniques and code of games 3 years ago... just modified. The T&L engine will be so advanced it's starting to get close to reality. I can't wait till I get this game.

Only 1 programmer is going to create a new sound engine. Bloody hell. How depressed and frustrated is that bloke gunna be! Better keep him away from the drugs cabinet!

Guest BNA!

Well, that's a nice insight about Doom3's way to represent high resolution models.
Now Carmack's Macworld qoute "These are high resolution models we're using for something" makes more sense.

Let's hope the waiting time for the Doom3 test doesn't get too long and NVIDIA doesn't let the price for their boards go through the roof.

BNA!

Linguica - it is really nice of you to update the Doom 3 FAQ with these news and not mention me at all.

If not me, no one of you would know about this.

This community is getting worser and worser...