Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

POTD

Guest Fanatic

I got to playtest this, it's absolutely amazing!

For a moment there, I was even doubting this was doom.

Impressive, most impressive.

Ok, I now played it, and Legacy did not even crash. It's getting more impressive with each version :) But it's slooooooow when there are a couple 3D floors in view.

Wow, truly impressive! Now, thats the true power of legacy! (and a skilled level editor :)

Congrats, I look forward to play this one!

Guest lucifer

not that good...

..IS MOTHERFUCKING IMPRESIVE!

Guest Sinanima

it's 5am.. am i dreaming doom looks like this now ? (in a good way)

Waz this one of those levels constructed purely with light sources rather than sector lighting? If it is, then it looks pretty good for it.

Any monsters in it yet? Or is it a DM only map?

The lights on the cieling and the trim on the light posts give the map a chinese style of archetecture to it (something we dont see much nowadays).

Guest Captain Napalm

ohhhhhhhhh, ahhhhhhhhhh.

This Screenie almost makes want to use port specific features. Almost!

Guest Transon

This is not DooM... Hell it looks like a Half-Life darky level!!! Specially the strange red column. Tip: Use another water texture. DooM's one doesn't fit good with this map.

Guest Kinoshkana

Eh.

What an amazing level!! I never doubted Ebola's capacity to create fantastic maps; especially after playing through one or two of his larger Nimrod maps. Which I'm not saying a word about BTW. Just for you to expect impressive detail.

I was thinking perhaps of making an add-on with some Moroccan lanterns like those in it (because I have a shop selling Moroccan merchandise not so far from where I live), but I thought it'd be too much trouble converting them to the Doom palette

Ebola's obviously taken that trouble though. Oh, and I observe with the aid of Sirgalahadwizar the oriental style of architecture.

Guest deathwarrior

* deathwarrior spanks ebola

Hrm...

I dunno anything about orienatl lights or anything, only real inspiration I had for this map was Marc A Pullens awesome "Limits" album.

I was however probably influenced by things I've seen through my life though. BTW there'll probably be atleast 1 sequel to this map. I got to keep this short. It takes me 6+ minutes to nodebuild it. (zennode takes 6 but I have to pre-build it with BSP, cause Zennode is strange, and won't build a map w/o a bsp tree for me.)

heh finally a good level for legacy! that might get released soon!

Guest dezo

i wish people have made a gl port for chasm the rift or direct3d port for chasm