Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

The /newstuff Chronicles #48

Mmmm. I just played Subversion. It's gold. Gold I tell yah.

Gameplay is perfect. I had extremely fun. I want more.

Guest pablosky

dude...I was actually going to make a full episode out of this...but I wanted to do something different...so I didn't do that.

Guest MetOfDooM

Something new will come to "The /Newstuff Chronicles"

It's Halls of Horror. A new ZDooM1.23/DooM II map.

Much higher detail than FUCT.

Only brought to you by.....REoL TOUGH

http://members.aol.com/georgef551/REoL_TOUGH.html

See what the buzz is about.

Hm where's the detail? since you got slopes you should be able to make some really hardcore floor detail.

* Ebola looked closer on teh shots. WTH you still don't use slopes? wth are you a moron? You make a map for zdoom and have the old way to make slopes?

* Ebola hits Metofdoom over the head with a baseball bat.

He said on his page that you can't have more than three slopes in a row or something... which is of course complete bs.

This is good. Shame Legacy has problems such as bad sound. I suggest FMOD. I even use that for my game. Also the latest download of legacy has the wrong wad and dll files with it. Out of Date it says.

I'm more concerned with the fact that r_glide.dll is out of date. If you run legacy with "-ds3d" the sound is tolerable.

Ehm. Legacy have uploaded a new r_glide.dll for those wankers with voodoo. Although I cant remember where it was announced. Since I don't use that crappy mode I didn't really bother to pay attention.

And the sound is very good in legacy now since they added the 3d sound. but noone seem to know about these things. Just add -ds3d to the damn command line.

Guest MetOfDooM

Under some circumstances, you can have more than 2 sloped sectors touching each other, but in arch-making, it never took, or it would totally foul up the BSP tree, AND not take.
As for slopes, HOH HAS TONS OF REAL SLOPES. It's the "Curves" that can't work (done the old way, sigh).
As for that being total BS, why is it? It failed here. Outside that sphere map, it fails for the most part, unles there's something the others can reference to (which isn't avaialble in arch form).

What nodebuilder are you using? DEEPBSP works absolutely fine with as many slopes you want, and I've been told that the Hexen compatible version of BSP does as well.

One of my RTC3057 DM levels has a hill-like structure with two sets of five slopes side-by-side.

Anyway, go to the following URL for a small example .wad, losely based on screenshots of your level.

http://haunt.8m.com/slopes.html

note: you can't right click on the file on the page.

I don't make slopes myself, but my buddy Kdoom deals with them alot and I played his latest in progress map kzdoom8. It got well over 2 slopes in a row. all over the place. arched hallways and rooms etc.

Besides, There's no reason to why having slopes attached to eachother shouldn't work.

I do use Legacy in Software mode. I already tried to use all the gldlls but they crash it.
for some reason, Legacy seems to be slower in 640x400 than i.e. ZDoom.

* Hirogen2 loves EDGE more