Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

Frad #2

Fredrik Johansson updated his page today with the announcement of his return, and the news that he has picked up work on Pain, a Doom 2 megawad project, and is looking to get a newer computer since his old one is no longer adequate to the task of editing for Vrack 3.

"...is looking to get a newer computer since his old one is no longer adequate to the task of editing for Vrack 3."

O_o

You can't help it. The game crashes with a 32K sidedef count, or a 32K seg count. I had to cut it down already to get it to even load without a crash.

You guys are more concerned with linedefs, then good playability...Nobody except maybe other authors even know what a linedef is and probably won't even be able to enjoy it because it will slow to a crawl.

Fish: yeah.

* Ebola feel innocent in this cause, he don't intend the maps to become that big, it just happens.

Sorry- :p

- I'm concerned about sidedefs, not linedefs
- I didn't say I would advertise many sidedefs when I release the level(s)
- The level(s) will be very playable, I'm simply focusing more on little details which will make it all the more fun to play. Hell the gameplay will be why the sector/sidedef count are so far up.
- I'm going to take that as gay, as in happy.

I could continue editing Vrack 3 with my current computer, but it would be tough. And it's not really that Vrack 3 is more extreme than any other level, more likely it's DeepSea that uses too much memory. But I need a new computer anyway.

You're American, right? I hope you realise that in the US, the use of gay as an insult is apparently now spelt geigh, to differentiate it from the homosexual meaning.

This is apparently something to do with all this political correctness crap, but fortunately I can still use gay because I'm not American :)

"If the detail slows down a P200 then it's too much" -stphrz

"Ah hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hehehehehehehehehehehe haw haw haw haw haw heh. <puke>." -Lüt

Or something like that. =)

Relax, I was just being an idiot. Statistic count isn't what I'm advertising it as. It was just the first time I'd ever been able to work without visplane overflows and I got a little carried away.

I think it plays decent, but then again I think any map that's passible plays decent, so I guess I'm not the person to trust for playability ratings :P