Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

ZDoom 1.23B25 Released

Randy Heit has released Beta 25 of ZDoom. This new version contains some bugfixes, loads of new features--including allowing slopes and mirrors to be created without using the Hexen map format. What may interest some of you more is that a Linux version of this beta has also been released in source format, with SDL and Timidity support.

* Added the sv_ihatesounds cvar for people who think they should be able to shut up the BFG by landing on the ground. It forces all sounds to use channel 1 instead of their preferred channel.

Well there you go.

Thanks for the link, (I told you I use zdoom). On another subject, I just came here from the top 100 doomsites at doom center, where is the vote button on this site? theres not much point in just getting 'out' votes, they dont count.

I might even release a level or two if I can get the slopes to work. Im building a Roslin Chapel lookalike wad, the chapel is on a hill in real life, not far from a narrow gorge with a scary old bridge leading to Roslin Castle. If I can make slopes I will be building my first zdoom wad.

Making slopes is DEAD EASY if you're familiar with Wad Author. Set any linedef as special, sloped. There are two variables. The first one is floor, the second is sky. 0 means normal, 1 means sloped in the direction the line is facing and 2 means the opposite direction.

Controlling how much the slope actually slopes is simple stair-casing it. If there's a big space between the sloped-lindef and the next one the slope is much lower and easier to walk.

If the sloped-linedef is way the hell higher than the next linedef the slope will be very very steep, and probably unclimbable.

That's it. =)

It didn't take me long to make an over-sloped DM level, dm_dn05.wad, that should hit newstuff on Saturday.....

Thanks. I will check it out. I will poke around in your wad with my editor (DETH) and see if I can learn some new tricks.

Guest Busted Corpse

the slope linedef is 181. thats kinda important :)

1 is slope from front of line, 2 is slope from back

arg1 is floor, arg2 is ceiling

Could have saved myself implementing hexen format in WadC if only for slopes, now it supports them in DOOM format too. GRRR.

DETH? Hrmm. I use WadAuthor with the ZDoom configuration file so I don't have to remember all those numbers like 181. =)

Go here:
http://zdoom.notgod.com/news.php
If you plan on using slopes with the Doom (not Hexen-ZDoom) format, it IS a bit different.

Also! The new ZDoom supports SHUFFLING of soundtracks! Yay! Looks like it's time to make a 200 meg wad of MP3s for a LAN party... heheh.

Yeah, that's a good one. So how exactly do you remember all those ZDOOM "flags" that are not supported by WA? (eachs sector type has 12 variations, each linedef type has 3 more.=)

Guest Volte-Face

it looks like you've been rejected for newstuff... from REJECTS on incoming:

Wed Aug 15 02:35:44 PDT 2001 Rejected: dm_dn05.txt because no embedded MP3s

Wed Aug 15 02:35:44 PDT 2001 Rejected: dm_dn05.zip because no embedded MP3s

Guest j00 equals ded

we have zdoom... again. wow, i am impressed *goes back to JDOOM immediately*

Yeah, you have to alt+tab out of zdoom then alt+tab back in to get it to catch the mouse input. :(

The mouse thing has been reported a few times on the Zdoom forum. You can get it to work by the following temporary fixes:

Alt-tabbing out and back into Zdoom.

Using the display mode set up to go from full screen to windowed and back again.

If you have more than 1 supported IWAD in the Zdoom directory, Zdoom pops up a little window that asks which one you want to use before the game starts. This window appearing and being clicked seems to allow the mouse to work perfectly.

The most entertaining bug, however is what happens when the chaingun sergeant’s wild shots hit a wall an decals appear.

Damn, did it really take more than 7 minutes for me to type the last post, during which time Arioch beat me to the answer?

oo wow another BETA! whynot make something that will suprise us all, like, hmm, and level that only uses special affects, nothing like easy shit, like , u know, a map that uses all the zdoomfeatears and only thosefeatures.

Tell me where I can find some decent zdoom wads that dont need 1Ghz to run. I think I have yours already but I would like some more.

Sorry for nicking that animated fan from your old megawad (njdoom, I think). I couldnt resist the temptation and at the time I had no internet connection to ask for permission. I added another frame (a right pain in the arse) and use it in most of my metal wads. nice work.

Guest jammet

Please somebody mirror the linux sourcecode, I can't download it ... it says seven hours at 35 bytes per second.

Jammet

Guest deathwarrior

IDFA and IDKFA is fucked, even though i rarely use cheats, this is quite annoying. you get ammo and armour (and keys with IDKFA), but you don't get the weapons.

Interesting page you have enjay, Im one of the few who actually read the personal stuff ODDJOB. I agree with you about football fans, Im a Hearts fan but I dont go to any games as Im sure I will end up doing violence to one of those foul mouthed biggots.

Guest jammet

Can anybody please give me a mirror URL to the linux sources? Or upload it here? :

ftp://jammet.dynodns.net/incoming

I'm downloading on that 1 MB file for like, 6 hours now and I'm at 30 damn percent!! Geeze! Heeelp!

Jammet