Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

Doomkart Gallery

Over at Doom Center, Bigdog has posted a gallery of shots from the recently announced Doomkart source mod, which is a collaborative project between names such as Ralphis, Quasar, NightFang, and more, and is apparently a racing game in the style of Mario Kart which should have both single player and up-to-16 players multiplayer support. The gallery can be found here on Doom Center and the project page here.
Update: NightFang claims he is not working on the Doomkart project.

Guest The Gemini

sign me up for level design

I thought somone was bound to beat me to it. I have been playing around trying to make a WipeOut style doom game, and the zdoom slopes and coloured lighting was usfull. I'm so half arsed though!
Can you fit a caco in the seat though? ;)

What's gay is that all the update of source ports coming out suck. Zdoom and Edge don't work under simple commands; they seem to be getting worse.

Guest Busted Corpse

cool. just cool

no wavelength, you are simply too stupid to get them to work, there is a difference.

Nope, wavelength is right, most of them seem to have more bugs than features. But I hope they get better.

Guest MTM

No, Wavelength is too stupid to get them to work. There are some things that need to be optimized in different source ports, but few actual bugs, for me anyway.

Guest Black Knight

Wavelength, he has nothing better to do then to critize other peoples projects and hard work. Meanwhile he has nothing to offer. All he does is bug smart people like Fanatic, Ebola, TheRequiem, Bigdog and other people. They don't need him but what they do need is people to help them with they're problems so they can fix them. Dick Length is a dumb fuck that has no sense being here, that is... until he can prove otherwise.

Speed Demons had some of the most wicked sprites in the works. The Doomkart guys should track down and talk to Speed Demons guy(s).

there is not a game released in the last 5 years with fewer bugs than features.

Guest The Gemini

i agree with wavelenght. whats with this 'flaming' just cause he doesnt like the new source ports as much as u geeks do?

Icarus Wing made those sprites.

I think he's still around somewhere, just to busy to do anything, concerning doom.

Gem: You have been away for a while. Wavelength have built himself quite a reputation.

Somthing cool like Doomkart comes along and we have a flame war? O-kay...

Oh no, not someone else who doesn't know what a flamewar is, I thought we'd seen the last of them a few months ago.

Go and do some research on it.

Icarus Wing's first name was Oli wasn't it? I was looking for some archived emails and all I could find was his name and no email address. His site was on doomhq so that's gone. But anyway, like Ebola said, he's probably busy with other stuff. I just thought Doomkart could use some of his wicked already created sprites.

Guest Mizzory

Maybe as super secret characters, but then again that might suck alot. Those vehicles are way too big compared to the other racers, and those vehicles arn't even carts. It wouldn't work very well in my opinion.

HINT: Try looking at the Doomworld Hosted Sites list, under Resources. See anything that sounds familiar?