Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Julian

A Simple Week

Really nice map but the textures need a little better alignment since I've seen some discoloration... that could also be because I have a "temporary graphics card (SiS)" and I don't think it's heavily supported by the Quake III engine. I would like to see the map a little bigger too since it seems so small and the Doom version seems a little bigger... that might also be because of the engine differences and 3D scenes. But very nice work indeed, I await to check out the other maps.

site fatally crashes Netscape.
(you guys never get tired of me saying that. Huh?)

It is a nice page though.
lots of conversions out there now... I think Map01 is still the leader -- it has been converted to at least 7 different games.

Guest DickLength

This sux

I actually checked into that... the only games I could find the conversion of Map 01 for are Quake, Quake 2, Sin, Half Life, Quake 3 and Unreal. If there are any others tell me.

btw, in doom/doom2 pwads, there are also many conversion of doom2map01 in doom pwads such as dwango5map01, dwango6map1, azdwangomap01, dwango7map1...etc. The point is, doom2 map01 is the most popular map of the entire deathmatch 1 on 1 map legend

I know that... I basically have all of them anyhow. I know it is the most "popular", you missunderstood me. I'm trying to find any other games the map has been made for other then what I had already listed. I'm just curious of the matter anyhow, all because I love it so much... I have to "have" it for every other game out there.

Of course I understand What You Really Meant! That's why I said btw "by the way"! I only wanted to add a little note to it for mentioning, =) got it?

Heretic and Duke3d for sure... pretty sure Serious Sam; and I can't remember if Hexen has one or not.
however, I really don't think the balance of the Doom version translates to any other engine...

Yeah I just downloaded a few more for a few games and believe it or not, I got one for Blood. lol. They don't have the "exact" same balance but they are still really fun to play. btw... "999COP", Don't question me again.

Well, DW had a POTD of map01 in Daikatana a while back, probably before the game was released and everyone realised it was crap.

There's probably a conversion for Unreal Tournament too.