Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Julian

No Death For Legacy

Doom Legacy 1.32 beta 3 has been released. Win32 and DOS versions have been uploaded and binaries for other systems will be available soon. This new beta includes a new engine for lighting, translucent 3D water and 3D floors and coloured sector lighting among other features.

Guest cocoon

What so special about posting first when there is no content at all?

I've never understood the point... Why not count the I made a poopie with content instead?

morons.

Guest cocoon

lol, the seriousness in my msg just dissapeared

Great, I am very happy. Fast download for a change. Why is is it that Legacy gets better and faster with each new release but the other ports get more sluggish?

Hehehe, thats put the cat among the pigeons.

Guest meandmyself

legacy is a cool port. the only problem i had were those damn lights. they were only flat, colored circles. i already thought, my graphics card isn't supported. then i changed from openGL to miniGL and now legacy looks like legacy should look like! *sigh*

ok, im having major problems with this peice of shit. its defaulting to software mode, and is loading up a pwad i dont want it to.

Did you get the self installing version? it has the wrong r_opengl.dll file, if you want it I can email it to you.

ALL of the missing textures problems I've noticed in beta2 previously have now disappeared.

It segfaulted about 5 minutes into my Freedoom session though.

doomargs.tmp is the problem. just found out it carries the command line. it isnt readonly, so that isnt the problem. wtf, man?

... and i fixed the problem. seems that legacy wont let me choose my iwad in other directories. i moved doom2.wad to my /leg folder, and set the launcher to the location, and worked. possible bug?

Guest Mocos

Okay, I didn't bother counting which number I was in "the first to post without addressing the intended subject contest."

So, if there is any DooMer who is interested in Legacy, this is for you. The rest of you hosers can just bugger off.

How is legacy cofigured to run the md2 models like jdoom? Is there even such a critter?

I'll let the rest of you "boys" get back to your games now.

Fyre: Legacy is a bit weird when it comes to use IWAD's in other dirs.

If you got it like this:
C:gamesdoomlegacy

then you have to add the iwad like this.
-iwad ..doom.wad

For some reason it don't work to type this.
-iwad c:gamesdoomdoom.wad

(yes I know the launcher is setting it up the wrong way.)

Mocos: Md2's are in the process to be supported. I dunno if the half done support is included, cause I don't care. :p