Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

New UAC Logo

Thanks to Crusader from Linuxgames for pointing this out: apparently the Union Aerospace Corporation, the company responsible for all the hellspawn mischief in Doom, has gotten an overhaul from the last time we saw them. The UA-Corp website, which for the moment is the closest thing we have to an official id-run Doom site, has posted a new logo for the UAC, with Mars as a central feature of the design. It's certainly a far cry from the geometric simplicity of the original UAC logo from 1993, but cool nonetheless. (The All Your Base reference on the page is also gone, thank God.)

Guest Argh!

Well okay, admittedly the old one does look kinda dated. But the new one just doesn't have that very simple, slick, immediately recognizable element that design companies strive for. Nope, it's no Nike comet "swoosh". :}

Guest Nash

ChaosOverlord - Hey I was wondering the same too. Would it be, like, "legal" to use that new logo current projects even before Doom3 comes out? I hope id won't get mad or anything hehe.

Guest WadEd

All your base are belong to us

Guest Wyvern

I like that logo a LOT. It's very reminiscent of the Tri-Optimum logo (mentioned earlier by NiGHTMARE) from System Shock 2. I loved that game.

If they make the new DOOM anywhere NEAR what System Shock 2 was like in terms of story depth (or even borrow some gameplay concepts from it like mission logs of crew members), I'll freakin' love it. Besides, I've always wondered what a cross between the two would be like.

The new logo doesn't have any copyright, registered trademark or TM signs on it, so you can use it in your levels legally :) I hope to see some soon, this logo is great! :)

Guest Matt

This joke have no chance to survive make its time.

Yeah, probably it is legal for use in your lvls. Actually, ever since when the first Doom3 movie came out, I've been trying to take part of those screenshots and convert it into textures use in my deathmatch lvls, wad's named "Technology Arena". But currently Im still trying to look for some textures similar to doom3 walls. Unfortunately, the color quality of textures which are taken off and converted from the screenshots isn't as good as I expected. In fact, it is even crappier than Doom ordinary textures. Hopefully this time I could really use this new uaclogo sucessfully.

Guest demoness

new logo sucks, man

You don't need to put any sort of symbol like that on artwork in order for it to be copyrighted. Anything you write or draw is automatically copyrighted when it is put down in permanent form.