Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Julian

Contest Reviewed

Guest The Gemini

u did say "vrack1 (or 2) was believed by many to be the best level ever created". how many? i doubt more then 2 persons said that, more could be sayin "yeah great map" and stuff but not one of the best levels, and no way its THE best level.

about the plutonia2 i mentioned, u sorta 'threatened' to cancel your map and said "u dont wanna lose my map do u sam??"
or something like that... cant deny this...

Things need to be worked out here...

I'll start with "vrack being one of the best levels of all time". I wrote that sentence in the text file to Vrack 2. The point was to formulate that it was a hard task to make Vrack2 better than its predecessor. I DID
actually receive several emails of the kind "Vrack is one of the best levels I have played", so I think the statement I made in the text file is motivated.

My ep1 contest level got a very positive review here, and I declared that I appreciate it. You say here that I think my level was awesome. But that was the REVIEWER's opinion. "Damn right" was a strongly marked sarcasm, and if you don't understand it yet, I think you should go back to playing in the playground.

I get a lot of ovations about my levels, and I definitely absorb everything positive, and my ego grows when I hear it. But this isn't even about my ego or how I express it. The people who I usually work with know that I'm
VERY self-critical, and I always see more cons than pros in things I've made. If I say something like "one of the best levels ever", it's not because I made myself that biased opinion, it's because I've heard it from other people and read it in reviews.

About the Plutonia 2 "threat", I don't know what the fuck you're trying to show. The "threat" was even a joke which I'm sure everybody who read it except you understood. I did not in any way say "u dont wanna lose my map do u sam". I don't think I'd ever be able to blackmail someone about such a silly thing as a doom level. I told Sam with a twist that I did not like the pop-up windows.

I am DEFINITELY not the person who yells out that I am the 1337455 h4x0r d3lux0r and awesome person and author of awesome levels and what the fucking else ever.

Things like that is what other people say (I can read it four times in this thread already). And of course I am affected by such comments. But if you don't agree with it, you are blaming the wrong person with your retarded comments. You have totally misinterpreted everything here. Why did you even start making these idiotic insults?

Guest The Gemini

youre good at gettin around stuff... u didnt answer on how many emails u received with the comment 'one of the best levels ever/best level ever' though... anyway go rock on in the 80s. forget i brought it up. this isnt an apology by the way fredriks ego...

julian my maps isnt the point fredriks ego is... dont talk shit about microsoft unless u got 500 billion dollars ok?

"dont talk shit about microsoft unless u got 500 billion dollars ok?"

I'm sorry but there is strictly no logical parallel here :/
I think you'd better calm down.

As if it's interesting to know how you maps look like, I think it is, since it is very difficult to map and so easy to criticize.

Anyway, your maps are awesome, just in case you would be interested.

If it's a big ugly plain room with a pool in the middle, you dive into the pool to progress. I hate that room but never got around to rebuilding it. The moving 3D sectors aren't very tricky, just a little time consuming.

You have to tell me what you think of the ending. No one's ever played the level but I'm very proud of the end in particular. I hope people like it.

Oh! Wait, that's a time release door. You just have to wait for a few seconds thats all. Took me a while to remember that. :)

Just to be annoying, I think your Legacy entry is more fun than Vrack (1 or 2), in fact some of my own wads are more fun too. Not as fancy with the low frame rate details but definately more fun.

I like Vrack but its not even close to being the best wad ever. Its a good, really well designed wad, as you would expect from Fredrik. There are a couple of textures needing alligned in it by the way.

Whatever.. 3 maps this year atleast have had people say that its "the" or "one of the" best maps ever..

Stphrz E1 style map wsa proclaimed map of the year.. People apparen lty told fred that his vrack maps were the peak of doom edeting, even I got comments like that for my phobia map from various people..

Just because of that doesn't make it right... I guess it's what got most shnazz at the moment or whatever..
Bottom line is there's no such thing as best map ever. Unless of course 100% of everyone agree on it.

Darkening2 map12 is the best map ever.
...although it wins over some others because it is doom2.exe compatible.

Im pulling your leg a bit Fred. I love vrack, I said so when I reviewed it on the newdoom review pages when they were up.

There are still a lot of great wads out there that I havent seen yet, memento mori being one. The most impressive maps I have seen were in the Darkening 2 and Gothicdm