Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Julian

Doom Served One More Time

I got 70 on my first visual basic test just because i forgot to put on codes such as

imgcar.visible = "false"

attach to each image...:(

Errhrm. When TGO in the piece of news at http://tgo180.tripod.com/doomserv/[/b] says "Welcome to the Home of Doomserv. Alot has happened since the birth of my son. I havent had time...", I'm fairly sure he is talking about the child his wife gave birth to a few months ago. Apparently TGO has a life, unlike a lot of people around here.

I think TGO's contribution to the DooM community actually is quite admirable, especially as he (I presume) enters geek-mode on relatively rare occasions. As a married man and a proud daddy, he most certainly has other priorities in his life.

Lastly, just for the record, I've played hundreds of fun ZDooM deathmatches on DoomServ during the past 1.5 years. Thanks to TGO, I was able to - with zero effort - find dozens of very cool people willing to serve as fragbait. On top of it all, several of them even possess quite decent deathmatching skills.

Obviously, I am familiar with (most of?) the other ways of DooM deathmatching, and know how to use them. I don't mind launching games manually from the dos command prompt, having been a regular user of MS-DOS for some 13 years, but on DoomServ, a fun game is only a couple of clicks away. Sure, fragbait is available on the servers running various client-server based ports, but those ports refuse to shoot what I'm aiming at when I pull the trigger (you don't need to fill me in on the technical details behind that). That's not DooM. This is why I consider DoomServ + ZDooM to be the next best thing after doom2.exe v1.9 played on LAN or on the MSN Gaming Zone (with low pings).

Oh, by the way, does anyone here actually believe that my games on DoomServ could have been more enjoyable, had it been written in another programming language?

N.C.