Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

DWBS

I happened to be going on a class trip today, To New York. While arriving, the twin tower had already been hit by one plane. I couldn't believe my eyes. Well, they have sprinklers right?

Within A moment later, I saw the 2nd aircraft. BOOM. Ripped right through the other building. This is what made us leave immediately before the roads out were closed.

Living the experience is very...very....disturbing. Trying to get a grip of yourself during it is simply impossible. It looks bad enough on TV. Now imagine being a mile away and watching it get plowed by a 767. Hard thing to do.

Tonight, I will greive. It is not only an American tragedy. It's an international tragedy. People who commit things such as this deserve to be destroyed. People such as this, do not deserve to live. But, what goes around comes around. We shall see, who has the last laugh.

I am going to pray, which I have not done for a long time, for my country being hurt, my cities, my brothers. God Bless you and you're families.

-Ralph Vickers

Ermm, only countries can really declare war, and as far as anyone knows it isn't a country behind this.

Guest wondersmith

I predict the media will eventually decide DOOM is responsible for this senseless violence. :-) (Actually, I'm as shocked and saddened as the rest of you, but I believe humor is vital in the face of tragedy. Plus, there ought to be at least one DOOM-related post here!)

Not to be an asshole but there's a difference between official war and a skirmish. We have a war on drugs too... but nonetheless we are no doubt ENEMIES to the point of engaging in combat... whatever title it has or will end up with.

Guest The SuperFly

I've scanned the comments made throughout the day and I'm glad to see no one is being a fucking idiot about this whole ordeal and doing something foolish like praising the terrorists.

These incidents are bound to affect everyone in their own way. Myself, being an active duty Marine Corps Infantryman, have to face the fact that I may very well find myself in a far off country fighting to the defend the freedom of my country. The families of those killed will have an empty place at the dinner table for the rest of their lives.

This is truly the worst case scenario and a horrific tragedy. My deepest condolences go out to the family and friends of the victims.

I'm not sure what the point of my post is, but I just have to say that this is the damndest thing to happen during my leave.

Sincerely,
The SuperFly

P.S. Oh, and the significance of today's date is the Camp David Accords back in 1987 that allide the US with Israel against Palestine.

Guest Fanatic

Have a look at Blue's News. Apparently angry Easterners are posting there like mad, and they really has us Americans.

It's sad that anyone could find any joy in this devastation. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemies.

Conflict involving a non-country/power is very different than war with another countries. The user of nukes, for example, is virtually impossible.

Imagine some American terrorist group had bombed somewhere in, say, France. Would France then be justified in nuking that group's headquarters back in the US?

I certainly don't think everyone in Northern Ireland should be wiped out just because of the Real IRA and other related groups.

Feeling sad at the news, living in England , knowing Blair will offer America any and all help needed, please, Americans, as you see the acts of terrorists , think of the acts terrorists have done in England and Ireland, the IRA *are* terrorists, commiting the same acts that were commited today but on a smaller scale, but I ask you, does it matter if your sister was blown up by a nail bomb placed in a bar, or as a result of working in New York? Your grief is the same, American people have funded the IRA for too long, please next time someone asks you to put money into a collection for the *Irish struggle* remember they are terrorists too, and perhaps it's people all over the eastern world putting money into collections that fund the likes of Oslama, the same way as Americans fund the IRA. Terrorists are terrorists, it matters not who their targets are, let the whole civilised world stand against *any and all* terrorists

inferno_45: You would put economic status above lives? That's really sick :(

To you Americans, I suggest you go read up on the Omaha bombing.

It very much sounded to me like you were saying that the attack on the US' economic status (via the destruction of the world trade centre) is more important than the lives of the people that the IRA and other Irish terrorist groups have killed.

I've just heard that another, 47 story building near the world trade centre has also collapsed. I hope this is the last of the destruction...

Guest The SuperFly

I'd better not take a look at any of those posts because it might make me a _little_ angry...And I'm not at liberty to give my personal opinions. >>=]

Sincerely,
The SuperFly

Guest Excalibur_Z

That was #7 World Trade Center (building 7 in the Plaza).

Guest Fanatic

Believe me, you'll get pissed. Amazing that fuckers can be that cold.

hey.. im a muslim and i most certainly do not think that my religion is how you make it out to be.. i know i may not be the most religious person in the world but that doesnt mean that i dunno anything abt Islam..
1) Allah forbids the use of violence for any cause.
2) We are to love everyone as we would love other Muslims
3) We should try to convert people to Islam. However, we cannot force them.
Osama Bin Laden is an extremist. He is a sick prick who is using Islam as an excuse to wage war against the US... His real reason for starting a war is simple... Plain Terror... I hope some assasin gets him....

I have to say that i am shocked at this tragedy and would like to express my sympathy for all of the victims of this tragedy on behalf of all Australian Doomers and hope there is some justice done for all the lives that were lost.

I was obviously NOT dancing around.. please understand me.. Islam does not condone violence in any way.. Im sorry if any of you thinks that Islam = Violence... It just aint true...

If anyone wants to train me to fly a jetliner I'd be honored to crash it into a Palistinian residential area. There comes a time when you have to take extreme measures to destroy your enemies. This is one of those times. Yes I understand doing that would kill innocent people, but I would risk going to hell to send these 'people' a clear message. Kill innocent people and you will die. Kill innocent people and risk the deaths of your own innocent civilians. What are we supposed to do, ask them nicely to stop?

Fuck it, kill 'em all.

I may be an incredibly heartless fuck, but my brother was almost on one of those planes. I'd die to protect him, and I have no mercy inside me right now.

::copied and pasted::
What happened? What's everybody looking at?

::::

It's unreal, sureal, and real all at the same time... It's impossible, unimaginable, terrible, devastating; words cannot describe this reality. Oh My God. This is a disturbing point in our history; and it is the sign of our time. The beginning of the end of our society and economy, unless we can
kick in and show them what we are really made of. Wanna' bet all the
terrorists were on the plane? Knives. What is going on? What is happening?
Watching this all, live... Did you see those hysterical people? The terror, the lack of mental movement? We felt it too, and if you haven't yet made the realization, maybe it will happen as you wake up in the morning or as you walk down the hall; it will hit you, and it will degrade your feeling of existence on this planet... Oh, man. ::blurg:: This is THE disaster of
disasters.
Those poor, poor people.
Save a copy of tomorrow's Paper to show your kids, folks. There's gonna' be hell to pay.

p.s. Oh, the humanity. BTW don't be an asshole and start talking about your religion. No one wants to hear about it or ever will. That's why we created America.

People need not be so touchy. Everyone feels bad about this. Just cause someone points out the economic loss of it, doesn't mean they're inhuman. People need to settle down a bit. Doesn't help to be so sensitive. And there's nothing wrong with a little humor to relieve stress. Doesn't mean people are heartless or think what happened is funny.

Deadnail: No, only 8 years: tomorrow the ones responsible for the WTC bombing in 1993 were going to be sentenced, at least that's what my dad said; the news didn't make mention of this, though. If that's true, they failed after first attempt and wanted to make sure they succeeded second try....