Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

POTD

Guest j00 equals ded

May anarchy unite the best of us, to destroy the worst of us...

Guest zmc

Omniverse: The US has seldom cared what other countries think.
As for the US not having "the balls" to do what needs to be done, what are you referring to.
You don't have the capacity to deal with the stupidity of "innocent iraqi soldiers"? What about innocent Iraqi people? Do you even have the capacity to debate things intellegently?
You've only spoken in generalizations and have avoided discussing the points that have been brought against you.
The US wasn't so "Anti-Terrorist" when they trained, subsidized, and armed Osama Bin Laden when he was being used to destablize parts of Russia.
Since you think countries that harbor/support terrorists should be bombed, including their innocent civilians, you can save someone a few dollars in ammunition and kill yourself.

yicklepigeon/mystic/gibbin:
I agree with you completely. I've been in Puerto Rico for the last few years, and here the Navy accidentally bombed a civilian near their base on the nearby island of Vieques. Since then the citizens of Vieques and the citizens of Puerto Rico have been holding petitions, performing acts of peaceful civil disobediance, and exposing the illegal acts that the Navy has been ingaged in here for the past 20 years or so. What made it to the papers in the us? A little column somewhere in the middle of the new york times that said that a Puerto Rican terrorist group bombed the civilian and that there were attacks on their base.
I also saw a piece of sickening footage on the news. There was a senator (i don't remember from which state) standing on the street near the white house, in a suit and tie, with a sign that said "Peace for vieques" and he was handcuffed and arrested.

Guest thinktank

Im just curious... but did the president even ask the families of the victims what "they" wanted to be done? since when does this have jack shit to do with u sitting on the couch with a 40? My dad is dead, I would probably not even be able to live if i found out we were going to war and so on because he died, i would probably kill myself because of the deaths i would have on my mind? I seriously doubt u can respond to that unless you have had to watch your family die... I have... pls tell me what u think "Virgins"

Guest thinktank

One more thing, I feel really sorry for the children... see them on the news? "I THINK WE SHOULD KILL EM ALL!" gee where did they learn that from? theres already been 20 counts of battery at my school against innocent people... I hope you idiots relize what your doing to innocent families by just leaving that tv on and allowing that to enter your brain.

While I do think that those responsible for the attack need to be found and eliminated for the sake of peace and justice, I can't help but be concerned by some of the stuff I see and hear going on. The harrasment of people of Arab descent, the willingness of people to just give up a lot of freedom in exchange for safety (freedom I might add paid for at a horrific price in the wars of the past) and the growing desire to exact revenge any way at any cost, even if it means taking *many* innocent lives.

I don't know what the real solution to this mess is. I don't think the US government knows either. 'Course there's no way they can admit that.

Guess we'll all just have to wait and see what happens.

Guest Excalibur_Z

I forgot the majority of what this thread said over the weekend but I've been hearing other places how religious people are against war because they think it's against their religion (I speak mostly of Christianity). Well, let me tell you, that it is not against religion, it does not jeopardize your entry into Heaven, and it is justified to kill anyone who you know will kill others. I don't want to hear any stupid replies like "oh does that mean I can kill Joe across the street because I think he might potentially be remotely able to kill someone?" No. Anyone who thinks that way has tainted logic. Bin Laden WILL kill people because that's how his mind works, he thinks his murder is justified.

If you know, one hundred percent, that someone is going to commit murder, and have no doubt in your mind with substantial evidence to prove it, then you are obligated to kill that person to prevent a greater tragedy. As I read in a Fox News Channel article today, increased security doesn't stop a smart terrorist, bullets stop terrorists.

Guest Sir Robin

Many of you people make me sick! Your just as ready to kill innocent people than these terrorists were - more actually, your ready to wipe out whole nation(s). Sure you think it's somehow justifyed and so did those terrorists. They too thought they were right, they were so sure about it that they were ready to die to get their job done. And you think you are any better?

And dont get me wrong. I couldnt care less about WTC getting destroyed and I dont have a fucks worth of respect for USA as a country (not that I do have that much respect for my own country either so dont even start there...) but I do have respect for life. I dont like civilians getting killed. Be they americans, afgans, kenyans, every innocent civilian deserves the right to NOT BE killed by some fanatic lunatics - lunatics like many of you seem to be just like those fucking terrorists.

Wars and terrorism will not end when people are ready to kill innocent civilians for "bigger purpose". You want to end killing? Think about it for a while - how many innocent civilians has US army killed, how much weapons do they sell worldwide. Fuck it, it's USA who trained these terrorist groups in the first place! Who do you got to blame!? If we start talking about nuking countrys that have groups that cause large suffering for innocent people then sure, nuke Iraq... But you have to realize that you should nuke yourselves just as well.

Fucking hypocrites! If your looking for a final solution here's some rock solid facts: Wars are work of humans. Terrorist acts are work of humans. It happens around the world by members of all nations. If a nation full of innocent civilians deserves to get destroyed because there is a group of fanatic lunatics there then the whole fucking world deserves to get nuked.

Think about it for a while hatemongers!

And respect to everyone around here who realizes that killing belongs to computer games, not to life.

Guest Sir Robin

Dont get me wrong. I'm not against punishing terrorists who are behind this, I'm just totally 200% against killing innocent civilians. Besides attacking Iraq will NOT stop this from happening again - more likely it will simply increase hate against USA globally. Think about it.

Violence is always a simple solution - but the results are not usually that good. It's also usually the solution for shortsighted people who havent really thought things through but are drive by fanatical belief that what they are doing is right.
This is exactly the case with terrorists too.

Guest Excalibur_Z

http://www.battle.net/forums/warroom/posts/qc/97412.shtml

My post at the Battle.net War Room pretty much sums up most of what I have to say about the ordeal.

Arioch: I gather by your link to the PHHortress that you are a visitor of the PlanetQuake Forums? If so why don't you stop by for the FNFF one Friday night?

completely in agreement with you there, you come up with valid points and I hope you americans realise this before you get all tooled up for your first excursion (perhaps permanent) in the danger zone.

I have no respect for many countries except Germany, Australia and New Zealand. I dont respect the UK at all, especially with Big Ears the 2nd running it, talking through his teeth and everyone else seemingly lapping it up. This is the man who promised us great things in 1997 and now near 5 years later all he has been is a great thorn in our side.

He wants war so he can stay in office, Bush wants war so he can get his publicity upto a good state again.

And many of you just want war cuz they hurt you. What a knee jerk reaction. The rest of the world deals with terrorism without going to war. No point in that. But it happens to you and you're like OH NO LETS KILL THEM ALL.

I dont believe that people died just so that you could go to war bastards.

I also heard on CNN yesterday about 3 people who were looting. Reminds me of the same scum who want war. Dont care that families are now broken forever, and that over 50000 people have died oh no, that does'nt matter does it?

And is'nt it time to change the POTD? I think you [Doomworld] should follow PlanetQuake's shining example, at least they're professional about it.

Guest Excalibur_Z

Ludicrous.

"Dont care that families are now broken forever, and that over 50000 people have died oh no, that does'nt matter does it?"

That is precisely why people want war. They want vengeance. They want others to know that their family members did not die in vain.

You conspiracy theorists disgust me. It's so like the liberals to hate someone based on superficiality (i.e. Bush's speech stuttering), when they are the same people who promote political correctness (especially for minorities). That's hypocrisy for you.

"The rest of the world deals with terrorism without going to war. No point in that. But it happens to you and you're like OH NO LETS KILL THEM ALL."

Let me put this in perspective for you. The World Trade Center was destroyed with hundreds of people in it hailing from other countries. America's personal pride was hurt when the Pentagon was damaged. America is the most influential country in the world, so we don't have to follow the examples of other countries. If that's nationalistic then fine, I don't care if it is, but it's most certainly true.

The voice of reason, I suppose your wise words will fall on deaf ears.

I have a Sikh friend who I am very worried about just now because the 'lets nuke them' brigade who are busy vandalizing mosques and intimidating anyone with an Arab or 'Muslim' appearance will see him as a target, even though Sikhs have nothing to do with Islam and would be extremely angry at being linked to it, as most Muslims would be angry at being linked to terrorism.