Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Julian

In Thy Nightmares

GooberMan has set up a site for a new community project: a fifth episode for DOOM called "In Thy Nightmares". Planed additions are new textures, new graphics, new levels, new musics and, possibly, new monsters, plus patches for source ports to support it. In this episode, the DOOM guy is trapped in his dreams and must find a way to get back to reality: we've all seen his everyday life, imagine his nightmares. The final goal is to have this episode included in an official id distribution. Any help is welcome[/b], so go and check the site.

Guest The Gemini

new textures, new grafx, new levels, new music, new monsters...how many times have we seen that?

We already have textures, with more to come, and getting the maps done will not be a problem. Hell, i'd do all 9 myself if i have to.
As for the new monsters and music, they're not important.

Bli med og lag et brett da din slække... ;)

Guest Busted Corpse

Interesting, certainly different.

Could be almost like a new theme, like the gothic dm, if done right :)

Jeezus, for real. The name is so weak. "thy"? The first 3 episodes had decent names. Then episode 4 gets medieval name - thy flesh... blah - jeezus. And now you're using "thy" as well? In thy nightmares? What's with the "thy"? Thoroughly disgusted.

Guest EvilFuse

I'm only trying to throw out constructive criticism here, but i have to agree with Hellbent.. The name "In Thy Nightmares" is very weak.. And the proposed storyline of the marine is equally so. As for adding new monsters/weapons.. if you want it to be endorsed by Id software, you've pretty much have shot yourself in the foot right there.

But anyway, i wish you guys the best of luck and i hope it turns out well.

Guest Excalibur_Z

"Thy Flesh Consumed" and all of the level names of Episode 4 are pulled straight from the Bible. Considering how you're fighting against minions of Hell in DOOM, the title is appropriate.

As for this title, hm... if you're keeping with the religious overtone, then it's fine.

There have been mixed reactions for the title. Some people like it, other people think it's lame. Either way, credit DiSTuRBeD for the current title. I personally think it's a good title, but don't hesitate to suggest new title names.

hmmmmm.....the new title kinda sounds like the forth episode title...

I think I'll help out with the maps. As soon as I get my 32 level project off my back....

To clearify on the title, it was me who said in a thread on the DW forums that the idea of the episode taking place was pretty cool, and i quote myself: "We could call it something like 'In thy nightmares'"
For some reason, a lot of people liked that idea. But hey, fuck the title, we're working on it :) And noone said that New monsters or weapons will happen. A new boss however, would be great if we can get someone to make a sprite.

Peel the skin, back from the flesh. Steal the flesh back, from the starving static minds. From nature we must stray, together we will climb. . . Etc

good luck to you guys, but I think it might have been a better idea to approach ID to see if it was even feasible to have the thing considered 'official' before starting..

Having ID make it official is not essential to the project. It's just an idea, and that's what it is. If they won't, the project is released anyway, it won't harm it in any way whatsoever :)