Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

The /newstuff Chronicles #55

Three new WAD files to feast upon this week, as we open another chapter of the ever-lasting quest to acknowledge the new things found in Newstuff.

• Mystic1 by Andy Mckie - Ask Questions Later by Alejandro Duque [/b]- Mystic Keep by Pritesh Mistry [/b]- <a href="http://doomworld.com/andrewb/screens/mystkeep.gif">(img)</a> - A single-player map for Heretic, running on E3M8. This has quite a bit of classic Heretic feel to it. This rather large map is made up mostly of rooms and corridors. A few misaligned textures and not much detail, although it doesn't take much away from the experience. The author recommends cooperative play for this map, although it isn't too terribly difficulty on skill 4, single player, although it is a challenge. There are a few minor puzzles to solve, similar to the original Heretic maps. Enhanced Heretic port recommended.

Guest Nash

I like the screenshots button - I hope you'll keep the feature in /newstuffs to come. =)

Guest JoeyMendez

Yo yo yo, my levels have better screenshots than that!! My levels are SWEET!! They should be on this thing!

Nice /newstuff as always. We, well at least I, really appreciate these, Mr. OJ.
keep up the good work.
Maybe I'm just happy because there's nothing I _have_ to download this week. =D

&lt;&lt; with a black backdrop &gt;&gt;

Obviously you're not a Quake 3 player, otherwise you would know this as "the void" :)

Guest Captain Napalm

I don´t think Doom was really meant to have Quake 3 style DM levels, the weapons aren´t really laid out for it...

Guest Fanatic

Love the screenshot preview! Thanks!

Guest Rick Clark

I agree: the pix are a very nice addition.

Guest Zeurkous

I found one misaligned texture (you can see it under a switch), and i dont like the Spider Demon, but i like it very much. Also, i got one visplane overflow when playing in normal Ultimate DooM, but when i switched to ZDooM nothing bad happened. I wished there where more maps like these! :)

De Zeurkous
-----------

Friggin' Machines!

Great work with the Screenshots thing. Would be better if they were in a larger resolution, but its nice having them at all :) Thanks

Looking at the screenshot of mystic1 I seem to have uploaded the wrong version of the wad, the floors are transparent in the final version. I suppose it gives me the chance to make a more interesting version of it. You are right NIGHTMARE, I was thinking of that Quake 3 level when making mystic1.

Guest Dooks

Thanks for the comments on the wad. I'll look into fixing the visplane error and that one misaligned texture, I hate misaligned textures... thought I had taken care of that one... Keep an eye out for the next map.

Alejandro "Dooks" Duque
------------------------

mystic1: nice concept, but a) the 'void' on the bottom floor is walkable on (by design) looks odd; outer walls are just that; slow rendering speeds in software (and transparent floors not supported in GL)

The floors are transparent in opengl on my PC, I never checked them in software or dos.

I left the floors and outer walls as they are because you cant really fall to your death in doom.

Guest j00 equals ded

rather "a hole in the world" than "the void"

Guest Big Al

Does AndrewB actually deathmatch?
I don't understand how do you get bored in a deathmatch, the smaller the level the more fragging that goes on.
I suppose if you where constantly getting your arse kicked it would become boring.