Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Julian

Run A Contest

After a bag of popcorn and a few sandwiches ; Great demos! (for the maps that was worth it that is). There was quite a few great maps in there too... i backed off the pack because all the maps i checked out sucked :P But, E1M7,8 and E2M5 and 6 was definitly awsome.

Like your sig BTW; Romero should give Henning money for that one :)

How the demo was done defies logic. The map was extremely tight in terms of ammo and health. Add to that the CyberDemon in a central area and you've got an extremely challenging run. Good job, guys!

Chris has a gift for controlling hard maps...maybe 'patience' or 'skill' is a better word.
We hope to make some more demosets, and a certainly OPEN to suggestions...

Chris did an excellent job on Invictus (except at the very end, when he forgot to hit one of the platform switches, then ran back through the nukage to reach it -- when he could have got through quicker by using the narrow passageway). Getting the chainsaw that way was unorthodox and by-passed the "normal" way of doing it. Very entertaining!

The Cyber isn't really so hard to avoid, most of his shots at you hit the one of the four columns around him. And I was lucky enough to get him fighting both Barons, without that the end would have been almost impossible.

This is really cool guys, nice job :) I didn't expect the contest to have an effect like this, but definitely a nice surprise.

Yeah, I'm annoyed about that mistake, but the rest of the demo didn't seem worth improving. And I don't think I ever found the 'normal' way of getting the chainsaw :)

Just past the computer area, near the switch to raise the platform to the exit, is a hidden switch that temporarily lowers the wall to the chainsaw room. You need to RUN to get in after you hit the switch.

The rest of the demo was indeed very slick.