Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Julian

Doomsday For Heretic

SkyJake updated his jHeretic page with the release of jHeretic 1.0. This source port makes use of the Doomsday engine and, as a consequence, includes all the goodies already seen in jDoom. MD2 models for Gargoyles, Disciples, small and large health vials, barrels and chandeliers are included in the distribution package. Some modified fire sprites, that create better dynamic lights in game, are also available.

FUCK Mindless Games and Entertainment.
FUCK their servers and their admins.
At least Gamespy knows they aren't the worst anymore....

I reckon he's pissed about having to sign up to download files. How fucking lame is that? I signed up, and the password they gave me would not work.

BAH

next you know, they'll have waiting queues and capped download speeds unless you pay for unlimited account (which still won't work)

Oh but wait, they ALREADY HAVE capped download speeds! With a ping time of less than 50ms to their download server, I CANNOT GET a download speed now higher than 3K/s! (a bit of a drop down from 300K/s)

Yeah I donwloaded the thing yesterday at 3k/s pretty crappy for my cable. But even worse was the 10min process of signing up for the download, needed an account, it was running real slow yesterday. I hope Doomworld mirrors it at 3DDownloads or maybe Fileleech can get it as well.

Heh... I enjoyed a download speed of 50K/sec. Of course, I wouldn't expect anything less after wasting ten minutes of my time on signing up.

And JHeretic == quality. Those gargoyle-models are animated very well. Heretic has always been fun to play, and JHeretic just adds a ton of goodies in the graphic and sound departments. Cool stuff!

Sorry about that Ersten Posten.
I've tried several different times to register, re-register, login, search for their awful database system in vain... just to never be able to get the files.
If you go to a specific file download page, you must login. fine.
once you login, you are re-directed to another page. go back to the file download page, and you're no longer logged in. f*$#ing stupid. An online file system where the files are inaccessible is WORTHLESS!
Please use a real database filesystem.
Lastly, please don't misunderstand this as disappointment with anyone using their servers... I like Newdoom and many of their hosted sites(I'm not at Raven very often).

Guest epZ

Well, we're getting mighty off topic here. Now, ON THE SUBJECT about jHeretic, I have to say that it's superb. Keep up the good work, skyJake.

Guest jammet

No, I am definately NOT going to register in order to download a file. Get an FTP server.

Jammet

I'm with you on that. I'm not going to "Register" so I can DL a file. Who the fuck do they think they are, FilePlanet? Christ...it's just a 2MB file for crying out loud. The only reason they want you to register is so they can throw a cookie on your computer and find out what OS, Browser, Resolution, etc. you are using. This wouldn't bother me except that I have to use a lot of MS crap; I don't want them to think that "the majority of our visiters are using microsoft stuff, so we should tailor our site and company towards that...screw the people using linux, mac, BeOS, etc." All that is going to do is enforce MS's monopoly. *That's* what I object to. *sigh*

So, anyone have a decent FTP site for the jHeretic file yet?

^_^

Paul L. Ming

FilePlanet been doing there account crap for a while now - about 2 months.

And I hope ya got better MD2's than the DooM ones, personally, they'd be better as just plain ol Quake 1 MDL's. At least they could be forgiven for being so low poly.

When I get Heretic I'll judge them too.

although Heretic 2's monsters are nice seeing as they are MD2...(it's the Quake 2 engine running H2 anyways...).

One thing though which always annoyed me. Switch on the fps tracker, and it informs me that I get 35 fps...and no more....the infamous 35Hz timebase STILL not conquered?

Check out the public source code libraries of Unreal 1 (at version 224 the code) or better yet UT v432 code, and interface to that instead and we could all see fps BETTER than 35 and netplay = improved.

And it's free :)

In theory that SHOULD work.

Oh, what was the topic again? :D

correction: switch on the fps tracker in JDoom

Big error there, glad I spotted it b4 someone attacked me.

* YicklePigeon raises shields just in case...

yes I know IRC commands dont work here it's meant as a JOKE before someone shouts "n00b!" in ma face.

1 marble that Arioch calls me "noob!" first :P

"* YicklePigeon raises shields just in case...

yes I know IRC commands dont work here..."

BWAHAHAHAHA! n00b!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

THIS IS NOT GOOD

I just e-mailed Arioch to "help meeeeee" with a comedy style sketch at my own expense, ask him about it and he may share it with you.

Anyone got a spare cellar + chair + rope to rent?

heh. FP runs like a dream for me. 125kbps, hardly ever waiting times for some reason. It's a leet thing. For me anyway

I wonder at what stage the other doom sites will be threatened with legal action for mirroring releases on hosted sites.

Lets hope the exodus starts soon eh?