Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

/idgames Closed Temporarily

Didn't I predict that before the end of this year there'll be nothing free left on the internet? :P

Remind me to alien RedHat's e-commerce packages, install them, make people sign up to use my webserver/ftp, and run a credit-card verification thingy on freedoom downloaders.

Thursday an' it's still not back! An' wot's happened to 3ddownloads.com? Can't get anything from them either! Is it just me? Yeah, there are some absolute classic wads amongst the dross at cdrom, they need recognition and to be available, somits gotta be done!

There is still loads of free stuff available, lots of personal doom sites, emulator sites etc, all the GNU stuff, the money grabbers will never completely win.

I have all 3.3 gigs of /idgames up on my server. Whether or not I'll make it public is another question.

Yeesh, I just realized, ftp.cdrom.com has the only level which I have ever publicly released there (not counting my speedmapping entry). Oh, man, and the worst part is, I ended up accidently deleting it (I also deleted a level I was working on which was starting to look really awesome). It wasn't the greatest level in the world, but I would kill to recover all the Doom levels that I have worked on and lost over the years, so having that one back would be very special.